Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
ricsmania
Connoisseur
ricsmania began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi
Question Good cover with international shipping

Hi,

I'm looking for a cover for my Kindle 3. My obvious choice would be the original cover from Amazon, but having it shipped to Brazil costs $109, and that's for the non-lighted version!

We are taxed for anything that is shipped using courier services (i.e. DHL, Fedex, UPS, which are used by Amazon), but the taxes are free for anything under $50 when shipped by mail (i.e. EBay, DealExtreme). That means an ideal place to buy from would be EBay or DX.

So far the only decent one I found was this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazon-Kindle-3-...#ht_3625wt_912

But there are 2 problems with this cover: it's ugly, and it seems to have a lot of edges on the inside which might scratch the Kindle.

Can anyone recommend me a good cover that can be shipped internationally and has a reasonable price?

Thanks.
ricsmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
bevdeforges
Addict
bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Sony PRS600B; Sony 350; Sony T-2
Take a look at the covers from MEdge. They are a bit pricey, but they fill out the customs paperwork on the shipment package to, um, how shall I put it? make sure you aren't charged any excessive taxes or duty. At least they did when they sent mine to me - and it arrived tout de suite! (That's French for "right away.")
Cheers,
Bev
bevdeforges is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
ricsmania
Connoisseur
ricsmania began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi
Hi,

O checked those covers, but I didn't really like the way the Kindle is secured, with holders on the corners. Amazon's solution is much cleaner and looks much better.

A friend of mine is going to the US in a few days, and he said he could buy a Amazon cover, but it doesn't seem to be available in any retail store, is that right?

Thanks.
ricsmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
cykelmyggen
cykelmyggen doesn't littercykelmyggen doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Try the Oberon covers - shipping internationally between 15-30 dollars. And the design and quality looks really outstanding:
cykelmyggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricsmania View Post
Hi,

O checked those covers, but I didn't really like the way the Kindle is secured, with holders on the corners. Amazon's solution is much cleaner and looks much better.

A friend of mine is going to the US in a few days, and he said he could buy a Amazon cover, but it doesn't seem to be available in any retail store, is that right?

Thanks.
Well, now that the Kindle will be available in retail stores, the covers should be also........at least I would think so.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #6
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by cykelmyggen View Post
Try the Oberon covers - shipping internationally between 15-30 dollars. And the design and quality looks really outstanding:
I don't have a Kindle, just wandering through. But I had to stop and say that those are beautiful covers!
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote