Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
potentially stupid "lookup" function question

So I've never successfully looked up a word while reading a document then returned to my original book.

Is this possible without going back to the library and reopening the book?
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:30 PM   #2
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
After looking into the word (finding it in the dictionary), click the central key to open the menu and choose “back”, this will return you to the book you where reading.

Best regards,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Or click the third button from the top on the left side of the Cybook, it means "back".
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:16 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, the "Back" button on the side of the machine is the easiest way to do it. Also, if you get multiple "matches" for the definition of a word, clicking "Back" after reading each definition will take you back to the list where you can select another definition. Clicking "Back" a second time will take you back to the book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:30 PM   #5
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
However, I sometimes get caught in a loop where I can't get "back" when I press either the "back" on the list or the "back" side button. Very frustrating. I'll do the firmware update this weekend and maybe that will help.

Last edited by lmarie; 09-12-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: FYI I "lookup" words constantly
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert