Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #421
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloraday View Post
Could you please point me in the right direction for the instructions on how to install Duokan 2012 on Kindle 4 NT, as the process seems to be a bit different to its installation on Kindle 3?
You can find it here
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #422
coloraday
coloraday began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Version 2012-04-12.C8241.rtm R3 has been released. You can update your Kindle via Wi-Fi.

Last edited by coloraday; 04-13-2012 at 08:48 AM.
coloraday is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #423
anxobaltar
Enthusiast
anxobaltar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Oasis 9th Gen
For some strange reason I can not update via wifi ... kindle downloads the file, it installs but then appears the previous version.

and continuing with my bad luck I can not download it from the Chinese servers. Could someone put another link here?

Thanks
anxobaltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #424
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Duokan Lite for Kindle Touch ( in progress)

Quote:
Two days ago, Amazon released KT5.1.0 system, users send microblogging asked, the upgrade KT5.1.0 whether it will affect the installation od DuoKan, we also quickly upgraded this morning, tested, and regret to tell you : DuoKan can not be installed to KT5.1.0 .

Reason: the KT5.1.0 systems make up the vulnerability before the break, leading DuoKan can not be installed. KT5.1.0 when the system can crack, and more on the installation, at present no way of knowing.

PS: Duokan can be installed on versions before 5.1.0 and trial will start in two weeks' time..
quoted from this page

Last edited by thomass; 04-14-2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: corrected last line with the help of yiming
Old 04-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #425
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post

I think PS.KT5.1.0 means before 5.1.0
what the line says is:

PS: Duokan can be installed on versions before 5.1.0 and beta testing will start in two weeks' time.

Last edited by yiming; 04-14-2012 at 10:55 AM.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #426
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiming View Post
what the line says is:

PS: Duokan can be installed on versions before 5.1.0 and trial will start in two weeks' time.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #427
kiedis
kiedis doesn't litterkiedis doesn't litterkiedis doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Mirrors in Rapidshare for the last version of Duokan Lite (C8241, 2012-04-12)

For Kindle 3 Keyboard

For Kindle 4 Non Touch
kiedis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #428
anxobaltar
Enthusiast
anxobaltar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Oasis 9th Gen
Thanks!!!

O debería decir gracias...

Last edited by anxobaltar; 04-15-2012 at 11:32 AM.
anxobaltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #429
antartide
antartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with others

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by anxobaltar View Post
... continuing with my bad luck I can not download it from the Chinese servers.
Why you cannot download from chinese servers?
To download files from You have to go in the original page not in traslate version, here and click 普通下载.
And if you download the file with firefox plug downloadthemall, the speed will very good =).
antartide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #430
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by antartide View Post
Why you cannot download from chinese servers?
To download files from You have to go in the original page not in traslate version, here and click 普通下载.
And if you download the file with firefox plug downloadthemall, the speed will very good =).
Thanks for that! Downloadthemall improves download speed incredibly!
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:33 AM   #431
zxcvbs
zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k3
Hi, after some fighting, i could put Duokan 2012 on Kindle DXG 3.2.1 but the keymap is all messed, does anyone have a kindle3 keystroke table to make some mapping? with symbol resize etc..
Also the main menu, is on a 6' size, it gets fullscreen on screensaver, pdf reading.

Last edited by zxcvbs; 04-17-2012 at 04:39 AM.
zxcvbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:43 AM   #432
thomass
Wizard

Duokan for Kindle Touch (in progress)

it seems that they solved the problem about 5.1.0
Quote:
[Announcement] [force] to see more support for KT, closed beta 5.1.0, Notice is hereby...
quoted from this page

---
Quote:
2012-04-17
KT input method has been completed, the other page is also nearing completion, our designers for product updates some of the icons and other features are also integrated among
also a video is available
quoted from this page

Last edited by thomass; 04-19-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:51 AM   #433
eminemko444
eminemko444 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi all.
I have got one question about duokan pdf reader. I do not know why but every scanned pdf with OCR duakan literally fucks up. The font is diffrent, size of font is diffrent from original. For example one sentence has bigger font then a following sentence. In original pdf the font of sentences is the same size and type. I've got a strange feeling that duokan somehow changes the layout of document and I don't know how it turn off. I want to say that SMART LAYOUT IS DISABLE!! I tried to reinstall duokan and I tried like hundred of versions, all the same I've got kindle 3 wifi. Here are the samples:
The white ones are corrent -> PC, amazon fw-> right
the "yellow" ones are mess up -> duokan -> wrong

Last edited by eminemko444; 04-17-2012 at 05:16 AM.
eminemko444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:16 AM   #434
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eminemko444 View Post
Hi all.
For example one sentence has bigger font then a following sentence. In original pdf the font of sentences is the same size and type. I've got a strange feeling that duokan somehow changes the document and I don't know how it turn off.
You should use kindleuser@duokan.com to report bugs.

Sharing them here also is fine, though.

( just to remind )
Old 04-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #435
evil_rock
evil_rock began at the beginning.

Device: none
Help!

I cant install duokan (last version) because of U007 error.
Im trying to install after a hard reset.
I have a Kindle 3.3 wifi, so i use the bin file "update_duokan_0b008" located in "kindle3.2.1&3.3+²+¦³(for 3.2.1&3.3 version update)"
evil_rock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf