Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
runningwithbulls
runningwithbulls began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G + WiFi
Disabling "Personal Document Charge exceeded" warning?

Hi there,

[I have cross-posted this to the Kindle forum, as it may be more suited there.]

Is there anyway to delete the "Personal Document Charge Exceeded" message that is delievered each time it trys to send a document, which exceeds the data charge limit?

I use the @kindle.com e-mail address to deliver content from Calibre, but it gets delivered over WiFi *most* days of the week, only being delivered by 3G when I am not at home.

Do I have any other option other than delivering the content to the @free.kindle.com address? If I do this, will it ever be delivered over 3G?

Its an annoyance at worst, but it would be nice if there was an option to disable this warning.

thanks in advance,

RWB
Old 10-20-2010, 06:19 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
And what does this have to do with Calibre? From what I can see, this is a Kindle problem.
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 12:32 AM   #3
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Also, cross-posting is bad.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:19 AM   #4
runningwithbulls

Manichean: I never said it was a problem with calibre.

Worldwalker: Because I was hoping that there might be a feature/function in Calibre that may be able to handle these.

I'll wait and see if I get any other suggestions.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:40 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
As a general rule, and a reminder for the future, you should only post your question in the most relevant forum (note the singular). Thus, if you suspect a Kindle problem, post only in the Kindle forum.
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 06:17 AM   #6
runningwithbulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
....if you suspect a Kindle problem, post only in the Kindle forum.
I did not suspect either Kindle, or Calibre singularly of a problem. Also, as I was using both Kindle and Calibre, both forums were relevant.

Your reminder is remembered.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:09 AM   #7
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningwithbulls View Post
Manichean: I never said it was a problem with calibre.
When something is not a problem with calibre, it should not be posted about in the calibre forum.

You posted identical messages to two forums. This is not considered acceptable.

When you say "both forums are relevant" you are, in fact, quite wrong. You remind me of the Usenet spammers who used to insist that their advertisements for car insurance were relevant in a cats group because "people who own cats can buy car insurance." They, and you, are missing the point: that newsgroup (or this forum) are not for all the interests of people who match its topic. People are not restricted to a single newsgroup, website, or forum. While people who own cats do in fact buy car insurance, they'll find an insurance group (or website, these days) to look for it. The cats group is for things about cats, not for all things of interest to people who own cats.

It's the same way with forums. This is for calibre issues. The Kindle forum is for Kindle issues. They are not exclusive. Calibre users who have Kindles read the Kindle forum; Kindle owners who use calibre read this forum. Since your question required someone who owns a Kindle -- we Sony people, for instance, couldn't give you anything but blank looks -- and you admit that it wasn't a problem with calibre, the proper place for it was the Kindle forum. If there's someone who knows how to solve the problem, they'll be there.

Two forums may be relevant, but two forums are not appropriate. You pick the most relevant forum, and go with that one: the Kindle forum in this case. You don't try to get more attention by posting multiple copies of your post so that people see it everywhere. That doesn't get you answers; that gets you peeved responses. Which, you may note, are exactly what you've gotten.

Cross-posting is bad. Don't do it.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:32 AM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Duplicate thread: please continue the discussion here.
Closed Thread

Tags
calibre, content, delivery, free, kindle