Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-06-2010, 12:01 AM   #1
aarcane
aarcane began at the beginning.

Device: iphone/stanza
Nook crashes on epub with css * selector.

If your CSS file in an epub includes a * selector, the nook ereader will crash when attempting to load the epub file. When replaced with something like: "body h1 h2 p div" for the reset rules, the nook works just fine. this is a pretty major bug, and one that should be reportable, but since there isn't a nook bug tracker or a meaningful support e-mail, I can't. if you go to B&N, let their nook reps know, and if you happen to know a better way to submit this on their bugtracker, please do.
aarcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:15 AM   #2
:D ominik
Groupie
:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
Must be something special. I've just checked some epubs I've read recently (without any problems) and some css files include * selectors, e.g.:

* {
widows:0;
orphans:0;
}
:D ominik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcane View Post
this is a pretty major bug, and one that should be reportable, but since there isn't a nook bug tracker or a meaningful support e-mail, I can't.
Report it on the B&N support forum. It's monitored by B&N: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...-p/nooksupport

Since NOOK's EPUB and PDF rendering are basically handled by Adobe Reader Mobile, I suspect that the problem is Adobe's.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
aarcane
aarcane began at the beginning.

Device: iphone/stanza
body, h1, h2, p, div {
font-family: sans;
/*font-size: 12pt;*/
font-style: normal;
font-weight: normal;
font-variant: normal;
margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;
border: none;
outline: none;
text-align: justify;
}
is the existing code, but I've since added text-align and commented out font-size. if someone wants to narrow down the * selector to one attribute, I'd very much liek that~
aarcane is offline   Reply With Quote