Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-26-2013, 04:14 AM   #1
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Question Number of pages in Shadows in Flight Game Series)

Hi,

Should be Shadows in Flight in thread title, but I cannot change it.

I have just got this eBook from W H Smiths and I know there is an "enhanced" edition out there with less pages, (strange I know).

I wanted the original version, but on loading it to my Kobo it is only 140 pages long.

Trying to find the page numbers for both versions, Amazon has 368 for the original and 304 for the enhanced.

Has anybody else got this book loaded on the Kobo?

If so can you let me know what the number of pages should be please as 140 pages is not really a book is it?

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited by Chocky; 04-26-2013 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Book title corrected.
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
That depends entirely on how much there is on a page. 140 long pages can be more than 368 short pages.
A word count would be much more reliable.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
That depends entirely on how much there is on a page. 140 long pages can be more than 368 short pages.
A word count would be much more reliable.
Don't think I can do a word count.

Just know that on a 6" reader it's 2 epages to 1 book page, so the pages are not that big.
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
Don't think I can do a word count.

Just know that on a 6" reader it's 2 epages to 1 book page, so the pages are not that big.
Ade is kind of the standard at 1064 characters per page IIRC. There is a plugin for calibre that will count the pages or Goodreads usually lists page counts for various editions

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote