Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-09-2020, 11:35 AM   #1
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Does not save synopsis or comment

Hello people, when I add a synopsis or comment to a book and I share it, I get it without a synopsis, what am I doing wrong?
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 02:22 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
How exactly do you add the synopsis and how do you share the book?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2020, 05:07 PM   #3
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
How exactly do you add the synopsis and how do you share the book?
For comments or synopsis I complete them by downloading metadata, I leave all the complete information in the book. When I share the book I keep it on disk. I think I should convert the book again to update the changes, right?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3000 mediante Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2020, 05:13 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
For comments or synopsis I complete them by downloading metadata, I leave all the complete information in the book. When I share the book I keep it on disk. I think I should convert the book again to update the changes, right?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3000 mediante Tapatalk
You don't have to convert. You can use Polish Books to update metadata in epubs and azw3 files.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:47 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
We still don't know how you share the book. If what you are doing is to open the folder that calibre stores the book in and take a copy of that to share, then that is the problem. Calibre doesn't update the copies of the book in the library with the metadata when you make a change. It does this when you use calibre to export the book (using "Save to disk" or "Send to device"). It can also do it during a conversion, when editing the book or if you do it deliberately using Polish books or the Embed metadata tool.

For what I think you are doing, I would suggest using "Save to disk" to create the updated copy, share that and remove it afterwards. Otherwise, use the Embed metadata tool after you finish editing the metadata.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2020, 09:57 PM   #6
dunhill
Guru

SIRTEL and davidfor, thank you both for your comments. Davidfor could send me a screenshot of the insert metadata tool.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:09 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
SIRTEL and davidfor, thank you both for your comments. Davidfor could send me a screenshot of the insert metadata tool.
Embed metadata would normally be a button in the toolbar or on a menu. The icon is a a feather, though it is probably a quill. If you don't have it in the toolbar or menu, you can add it using the "Toolbars & menu" page of the preferences.

A screenshot is fairly pointless. It works by selecting some books and pressing the button in the toolbar. Then it will update the books.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:13 PM   #8
dunhill
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Embed metadata would normally be a button in the toolbar or on a menu. The icon is a a feather, though it is probably a quill. If you don't have it in the toolbar or menu, you can add it using the "Toolbars & menu" page of the preferences.

A screenshot is fairly pointless. It works by selecting some books and pressing the button in the toolbar. Then it will update the books.
Thank you !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	88
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	176319  
Old 01-10-2020, 09:44 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thank you !
That is a Themed toolbar?? We can't guess what your icon looks like from that.
(it might be the pencil: click that little arrow and see what the list says)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 02:43 PM   #10
dunhill
Guru

This is what Davidfor commented on in previous messages
"The icon is a pen, although it is probably a pen. If you don't have it in the toolbar or in the menu, you can add it using the" Toolbars and menu "preferences page. and I found him following his instructions.
What it says by displaying the latereal arrow is:
Include metadata in book files.
And Include metadata in the archives of a specific format of the selected books.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	4.png
Views:	93
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	176335  
Old 01-11-2020, 03:43 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Embed metadata would normally be a button in the toolbar or on a menu. The icon is a a feather, though it is probably a quill.
Quote:
This is what Davidfor commented on in previous messages
"The icon is a pen, although it is probably a pen. If you don't have it in the toolbar or in the menu, you can add it using the" Toolbars and menu "preferences page. and I found him following his instructions.
What it says by displaying the latereal arrow is:
Include metadata in book files.
And Include metadata in the archives of a specific format of the selected books.
As I read it—see the quote above from davidfor—he said the icon is a feather/quill not a pen. I will admit to wondering if this is a translation issue since feather and quill both appear to translate to Spanish as pluma.

I added it using Preferences => Toolbars and Menu => The main toolbar.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	toolbar.png
Views:	99
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	176337  

Last edited by DNSB; 01-11-2020 at 03:46 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:38 PM   #12
dunhill
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
As I read it—see the quote above from davidfor—he said the icon is a feather/quill not a pen. I will admit to wondering if this is a translation issue since feather and quill both appear to translate to Spanish as pluma.

I added it using Preferences => Toolbars and Menu => The main toolbar.
The icon varies according to the operating system, I want to make that clear. The first image is in Windows and the second in Linux
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2.png
Views:	79
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	177891   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.png
Views:	78
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	177892  
Old 03-24-2020, 10:57 PM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The icon varies according to the operating system, I want to make that clear. The first image is in Windows and the second in Linux
Not for me. On my Ubuntu box at work, the icon used is a feather/quill.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:31 PM   #14
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Assuming your Windows and Linux installations use different configuration data, check the Look and Feel->Icon theme setting, one of your screenshots looks something like the default set, the other more like Classic.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:51 AM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It is also possible that you have Manually placed 'override' Icons in the user configuration folder: Resources (this was the olde way, before themes)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote