Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-28-2021, 06:55 AM   #211
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Same, except that I bought my first ereader myself because I simply had no more room for physical books in my small apartment. My income was small too back then and when Amazon released a cheap basic Kindle in 2011 I seized the opportunity and never looked back.
Makes up for the cost in free and cheap books pretty quickly.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 04:07 PM   #212
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBilly View Post
I just got a new one, though I have a phone, a tablet, and a computer. I considered whether I wanted to replace my dying ebook reader and decided I did. Reasons I made that choice include small (usually, though large ones seem a growing niche), light, reasonably robust, easy on the eyes, good battery life, distraction free, optimized for reading and cheap enough that if I lose or break it, replacing it would not be a financial hardship (this is a personal reason; for some people replacing any reader would be a hardship).
What Reader did you get? Kobo is a great choice to replace a Sony.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2021, 12:19 PM   #213
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
If I may second that view; I started out on ereaders with a Sony. It was compact,very clear to read the e-ink display and lasted me for a good few years. I broke the main switch,and repairing it was trickier than it appeared,so I trashed it (reluctantly) and got myself a Kobo Touch from a local used goods dealer.It performed brilliantly for three years, before I wrecked it. I tried to install a few hacks I found on the net and they completely bricked it. So I got a second one! I managed to lock that up recently too, but connecting it to the Kobo desktop app on my PC soon remedied that! Most of my pals have Kindles, but I went with Kobo, mainly because there are so many free books available online,that are in epub format; yes I know conversion is simple, but this cuts out the need for it! So long as you are happy with your choice,go with it; for me,it is Kobo all the way!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 12:34 PM   #214
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
I am relatively happy with my Kobo. This is my third ereader. The battery doesn't last as long as my Sony T1 but it has more space for my ever growing size of books.

But with having the older Kindle for PC which allows me to convert Amazon books over to epubs, I have the best of all worlds!

But I mostly read on my PC, or phone. It's terrific to have so many choices!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 12:03 AM   #215
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
A similar rhetorical question might be "Why are girls (or boys) still popular?

Or maybe a new twist to the old "new , old theory"
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert