Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-31-2020, 02:13 PM   #1
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
2020 writing results

Well, after some ambitious plans at the beginning of the year...I got exactly two-fifths of two thirds of absolutely %#@$!^ zero done.

How could I have all that free time and yet still produce nothing? Where did the time go?

Also, why did my coffee machine blow up on New Year's Eve? Were there not enough indignities for the rest of the year?

Sigh.

On the bright side, I did get some nice masks for Christmas, so I'm set for Apocalypse Part 2.

My new year's resolution for 2021...write something. Anything!
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 06:47 PM   #2
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
The year now gone was definitely not productive for me - "%#@$!^ zero" about covers it. I should have been tracking thousands of lines of code written, and numbers of software bugs squashed, then I could have had something positive to write here.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2021, 08:02 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Happily, I can report that my results differ from the two posts above.

I'm about 2/3 finished with a new book of short stories. (Call me old fashioned, but respect for Mobileread's Posting Guidelines prevents me from turning this into a promotional post.)

I've also started writing something new USING something just recently purchased. This will require its own thread. NO ONE - I predict - CAN GUESS WHAT I BOUGHT!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:14 AM   #4
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, so an unlooked for bonus to not having written anything: I didn't have to worry about breaking the posting guidelines.

Congrats on the progress, it's good to hear someone here still earns the description of "writer".

Hmm... and that looked like a challenge, so trying to avoid the too obvious ... was it a dictionary ?
Old 01-04-2021, 09:33 AM   #5
norweger
Addict
norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.

Device: Android-phone, HTC Desire Z
Good luck and godspeed, Dr. Drib. I figured you for a writer in another thread, and I actually I thought I'd nudge you towards writing if you weren't already. Do let me know when you're done with the said book.
norweger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2021, 10:08 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Ah, so an unlooked for bonus to not having written anything: I didn't have to worry about breaking the posting guidelines.

Congrats on the progress, it's good to hear someone here still earns the description of "writer".

Hmm... and that looked like a challenge, so trying to avoid the too obvious ... was it a dictionary ?

Thank you for the compliment.

...No, not a dictionary. I promise later today that I'll start a new thread right here in the Writers' Corner.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:09 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by norweger View Post
Good luck and godspeed, Dr. Drib. I figured you for a writer in another thread, and I actually I thought I'd nudge you towards writing if you weren't already. Do let me know when you're done with the said book.
Thank you.

Will do.
Old 01-04-2021, 03:11 PM   #8
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
It's a total and complete relief for me too.

Congrats, Dr. Drib
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 07:06 PM   #9
gmw
cacoethes scribendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Thank you for the compliment.

...No, not a dictionary. I promise later today that I'll start a new thread right here in the Writers' Corner.
Hmm... in retrospect I see suggesting a dictionary could be construed in various ways, not all of them flattering. It's just that I find interest in such books - as I noted last year when I got myself The Cambridge Guide to English Usage - so I assume others do too.