Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 11-26-2020, 05:47 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Problems writing messages

Hi

I am not a newbie (... 2009) here. These last months I have trouble writing messages.

I cannot use the top bar (formatting, inserting links, code, quotes, etc.)
I cannot add emoticons
I cannot add attachments (additional options are not displayed)

So my messages are written in a really basic way. This is true for forum messages and private messages.

It's the one and only site where I face this kind of problem.

I use Firefox83 (64 bits) for ArchLinux.
Currently I am in China.

Does somebody has an explanation or better an advice about this?
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 05:55 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I don't know of any general problems. Nothing has changed at this end. (Which might be a problem, but of a different kind. )
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2020, 08:35 AM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am hoping to understand what is not working on my browser with this site. Maybe someone with technical abilities could tell me which kind of logs or reports could give evidence of my problem.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:50 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Using Firefox, create a new profile. Then test it with MR. If it works, you can then begin to install your plugins and test MR one at a time. It could maybe be the advert blocker or something like Ghostry getting in the way. You'll know when you do the testing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:11 AM   #5
roger64
Wizard

Thanks. I'll check my plugins.
Advert
Old 11-26-2020, 06:49 PM   #6
roger64
Wizard

I used an option of Firefox which refreshes the profile and does a lot of cleaning. Now everything is in order again and the extensions Grammalecte and Privacy Badger are working again without disrupting anything on MR.

So, it was just a matter of corrupt profile.

Last edited by roger64; 11-28-2020 at 05:27 AM.