Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-11-2019, 06:44 PM   #1
poczynek
Zealot
poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Forma
New user - Kobo Forma and Kobo questions

Have always used Kindles - Paperwhite and Oasis.

However really like the Kobo Forma esp the big screen, the grip and how light it is.

However i am not familiar that well with Kobo itself.

A couple of questions:

1. I have got very used to the book progress showing percentage on the Kindle. I never thought I would! Does the Kobo system allow for showing me either percentage left in chapter and/or percentage left in book?

2. I sideload all my books. Can you work out reading stats if books are sideloaded?

3. Is there an equivalent 'sent to Kindle' email thing with Kobo?

Thank you.
poczynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:53 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by poczynek View Post
1. I have got very used to the book progress showing percentage on the Kindle. I never thought I would! Does the Kobo system allow for showing me either percentage left in chapter and/or percentage left in book?
Progress can be shown as pages, percent read or, for kepubs, time remaining. For epubs, the page count used is a full book count using the Adobe page algorithm. For kepubs, there is a per chapter option that is the number of screens in the chapter (changes with font settings) or a full book option that uses 320 words per page.
Quote:
2. I sideload all my books. Can you work out reading stats if books are sideloaded?
There are two types of stats. There are the full book stats that show the overall time spent reading a book and the status. These are the available for all formats. For kepubs, there are in-book stats that show expected reading time for the current and next chapter, plus a bar graph of the chapters which shows your progress. This works for both purchased books and sideloaded kepubs.
Quote:
3. Is there an equivalent 'sent to Kindle' email thing with Kobo?
No.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2019, 07:58 PM   #3
poczynek
Zealot
poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Progress can be shown as pages, percent read or, for kepubs, time remaining. For epubs, the page count used is a full book count using the Adobe page algorithm. For kepubs, there is a per chapter option that is the number of screens in the chapter (changes with font settings) or a full book option that uses 320 words per page.

Perfect thank you.

There are two types of stats. There are the full book stats that show the overall time spent reading a book and the status. These are the available for all formats. For kepubs, there are in-book stats that show expected reading time for the current and next chapter, plus a bar graph of the chapters which shows your progress. This works for both purchased books and sideloaded kepubs.

Excellent - hate that Kindle doesn't have this.

No.
All good - will just drag and drop.
poczynek is offline   Reply With Quote