Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-03-2017, 12:59 AM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I miss BAM. We had one in Tennessee I use to shop at.

Looks like a good price you got there.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:27 AM   #32
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Their customer service hours are listed as Central Time, but it's after midnight and still shows unable to download (This download will be availiable on 01-03-2017). I'll give it until 2am here and then I need to get to bed.

ETA: Okay, I gave until 3am. Still shows as pre-order. I will try again later today.

ETA: Finally available at 7:15am. It wasn't there when I checked at 6:40. So maybe 7am is the magic hour at BAM.

And I'm going to need at some point today

Also, it was a regular download, opened in ADE with no issues. So looks like it will be another store to keep in mind for ePubs. Yay!

Last edited by library addict; 01-03-2017 at 07:35 AM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2017, 11:15 AM   #33
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You didn't happen to check and see what it used for a content server did you? (contentreserve.com = OverDrive, lightningsource.com = Ingram, etc.)
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:56 AM   #34
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
My report till Sunday (although late):
  1. Purchased (ARE)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Comprados.JPG
Views:	735
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	153936
  2. Read
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Leidos.JPG
Views:	716
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	153937
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:00 PM   #35
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
And for year summay, I think one of the best books I've read is "My Guardian", by Alanea Alder, and as series and author discovering, Elemental Paladins by Montana Ash.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 01-03-2017 at 12:09 PM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2017, 03:43 PM   #36
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
You didn't happen to check and see what it used for a content server did you? (contentreserve.com = OverDrive, lightningsource.com = Ingram, etc.)
At which point does this come up? I tried redownloading it and didn't see anything of the sort.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:30 PM   #37
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You'd have to have looked at the acsm in Notepad (or similar). There is a tag like "<operatorURL>https://acsepub.contentreserve.com/fulfillment</operatorURL>" or similar.

I'm sure I'll get a book there eventually & check.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:28 PM   #38
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
You'd have to have looked at the acsm in Notepad (or similar). There is a tag like "<operatorURL>https://acsepub.contentreserve.com/fulfillment</operatorURL>" or similar.

I'm sure I'll get a book there eventually & check.
It has the exact <operatorURL>... as above.

Then it has <transaction>bam~ followed by a bunch of numbers and letters.

later it has <thumbnailURL>h ttps://images.cdn.overdrive.com/ImageType- with a bunch of numbers. So maybe it's Overdrive?

Sorry, I'm not sure what I need to be looking for.

(I put the space between h ttps above so it wouldn't think I was adding a link.)
Old 01-03-2017, 05:35 PM   #39
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Dare to Take (Dare to Love Book 6) by Carly Phillips is free at Amazon.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:17 PM   #40
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post

It has the exact <operatorURL>... as above.

Then it has <transaction>bam~ followed by a bunch of numbers and letters.

later it has <thumbnailURL>h ttps://images.cdn.overdrive.com/ImageType- with a bunch of numbers. So maybe it's Overdrive?

Sorry, I'm not sure what I need to be looking for.

(I put the space between h ttps above so it wouldn't think I was adding a link.)
If it has that exact operator URL then yes, it's OverDrive they're using (Harlequin uses them as well) as ContentReserve equals OverDrive.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:18 PM   #41
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Dare to Take (Dare to Love Book 6) by Carly Phillips is free at Amazon.
Also free at Kobo
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:51 PM   #42
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
The Highlander's Bride by Amanda Forester is the Sourcebooks January free book. This will only be free today and tomorrow so grab it now if you want it.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:34 AM   #43
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
FREE - The Unflappable Miss Fairchild by Regina Scott

A regency romance from Zebra 1998

Spoiler:
The ever practical Anne Fairchild knows the rules of engagement in Regency England—the proper way a young lady should seek a husband. She’s been groomed to make the best match possible so she can help the two elderly aunts who raised her stave off poverty. So why is it one moment in the presence of the dashing Chas Prestwick, and she’s ready to throw propriety to the wind?

The black sheep of the family, Chas excels at shocking Society with his wild wagers and reckless carriage racing. But his bravado masks a bruised and lonely heart. Can the sweet-natured Anne convince him to take the greatest risk of all—on love?
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:57 PM   #44
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
I am a little late to the game, but Happy New Year everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No one does gifting but Amazon unfortunately.

Sent from my XT1528
FYI, I do not know yet how to determine what qualifies, but I have been seeing a gift option on Google Play books a bit lately.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:05 PM   #45
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Just in case folks don't venture to the rest of the forum much I thought I'd mention here that the new version of Kindle for PC (1.19) works with KFX (advanced typesetting) format which can't be de-DRM'd. Just a warning not to update K4PC if you use it for downloading/de-DRMing. Eventually they'll likely force an update, but aren't doing so yet.