Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #301
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimStar View Post
And I want that all people understand it - PB is lying to them when says that it is difficult and that it takes months or years, and PB is lying to them when says that "it is a bad ePub file" when people can't see normal formatting or even some text is lost.
Could you please point me to were did they say that it (whatever it is) takes months or years? Did they tell you that the epub file is invalid without seeing it?
Quote:
That all is a fault of PB developers. That all is a LOT of bugs in their firmware that PB sells without testing. And that is fault of concept of render in FBReader - it's concept is faulty, it makes no sense to try to fix it with additional code around this faulty concept - it is easier to make it "from zero" to support tables and normal formatting.
So do you actually blame FBReader developers for a bad design and implementation and PB developers are guilty in choosing it and not testing it, right?
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:03 AM   #302
The
The began at the beginning.

Device: PB 902
Quote:
I do not want anything. I already have everything I need.
Absolutely not sure, it's obvious you need to solve some psychological problems. But do it in silence not public.

I can read in Russian adequately for seeing the "big picture" so I can assure you all there're nor officials' injuries in the russian forum above mentioned nor caddish form denial of a right from PB officials.
But amazing JimStar' insolence being there has striken dumb especially standing out against a background his impression of lamb being here in presence.

I had decided to cast away my charmed state excited by words, shots and films relating to CR then and I've just seen more exasperated Jim than he would like to look like
Quote:
...Don't ask me to repeat it. If you can't read it - ask someone to read it for you. If you can't understand it - ask someone to understand it for you...
(in response to an adequate user) The sample would be most tolerant one if Jim had replied to Russian in the Russian forum.
Nice Jim

Last edited by The; 02-24-2011 at 02:18 AM.
The is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:41 AM   #303
JimStar
Enthusiast
JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kyobo eReader, Sony PRS-950, PocketBook Pro 902, PocketBook 360
This is one of the trolls from the Russian forum, which also insulted that "adequate russian user" that he tried to protect here.
I do not take him seriously.

E. g.: http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...fc5785b#606323
(In russian: "Are you a dumbass?")

And so on, and so on... No need to even reply to it.
JimStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:01 AM   #304
Lowlandr
e-freak
Lowlandr began at the beginning.

Device: Pro 903
C'mon people. Some love and understanding please.

@JimStar -- you are obviously frustrated
@PB developers -- they are obviously frustrated
@consumers -- we're obviously frustrated

Let's assume everyone has very good reasons to be frustrated, but if everyone adamantly stays that way, where does that take us?
On the yellow brick road to NOWHERE !

Whichever way you cut it, the common GOAL everyone has, is a good product with decent software. Period.
We can all keep playing the blame game and forget about the product OR
try to get this show on the road.

Stay positive, stay healthy!

Last edited by Lowlandr; 02-24-2011 at 04:38 AM.
Lowlandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:13 AM   #305
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven2000 View Post
Sure! How about this one

Not exactly what i'll be doing, but it's 95% close enough and it's copyright free

I tried AdobeViewer first, but it was hanging whenever I modified something in the zoom options, so all the images are print screens of the book viewed with pdfviewer.

The 4 page view is good if you want to look for a certain page faster, and I used it to look for a page with a table.

Fit width is a good option as it removes some of the margins. When viewed in landscape mode you get 3 screens for each page. You can't scroll down, you can just go to the next section.

High % zoom isn't really an option because you can't move around the page.

I generally like reflow, but it does come with some problems: titles and subtitles are not displayed correctly and tables don't work.

The images look better on the device than they do in the print screen, the text as well.

I hope this helps!
Sil
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 4page_view.bmp (487.6 KB, 288 views)
File Type: bmp fit_width_portrait.bmp (487.6 KB, 232 views)
File Type: bmp fit_width_landscape.bmp (485.3 KB, 221 views)
File Type: bmp reflow_200%text.bmp (487.6 KB, 225 views)
File Type: bmp reflow_300%text.bmp (487.6 KB, 205 views)
File Type: bmp fit_width_table.bmp (487.6 KB, 215 views)
File Type: bmp reflow_table1.bmp (487.6 KB, 209 views)
File Type: bmp reflow_table2.bmp (487.6 KB, 202 views)
File Type: bmp fit_width_image.bmp (487.6 KB, 210 views)
File Type: bmp reflow_image.bmp (487.6 KB, 206 views)
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:37 AM   #306
lalebarde
Connoisseur
lalebarde began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-950SC daily edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
I tried AdobeViewer first, [...]
I hope this helps!
Sil
Yes indeed ! Thank you very much.

Quote:
Fit width is a good option as it removes some of the margins. When viewed in landscape mode you get 3 screens for each page. You can't scroll down, you can just go to the next section.
When a line is cutted in its high at the bottom of the screen, can you see it enterely in the next page ?
lalebarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:47 AM   #307
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by The View Post
Why are you so convinced?

And that is your method above: lie walking arm in arm with another one trying to pass your imagination as fact Hope it's clear not only for me that you cope with method of troll as well not only in russian forum by now.

But I ought to repeate you don't need to solve your psychological problems in public.
Lie was that message too:
Otherwise you needn't have started provocative and lying message like that https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=280

And eventually I'm glad to see you has continued to unmask yourself by previous quoted expressive, lying and obviously forced message
Nice Jim

Join this
Please do not get personal.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:35 AM   #308
tomhck
Enthusiast
tomhck began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalebarde View Post
When a line is cutted in its high at the bottom of the screen, can you see it enterely in the next page ?
Yes. Actually, you can also see a few previous lines.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 1.bmp (485.3 KB, 212 views)
File Type: bmp 2.bmp (485.3 KB, 192 views)
File Type: bmp 3.bmp (485.3 KB, 201 views)

Last edited by tomhck; 02-24-2011 at 07:39 AM.
tomhck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #309
The
The began at the beginning.

Device: PB 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Please do not get personal.
Noted.
And thanks a lot for quotation
The is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #310
lalebarde
Connoisseur
lalebarde began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-950SC daily edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhck View Post
Yes. Actually, you can also see a few previous lines.
Great ! Thank you.
lalebarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:28 PM   #311
Phaust
Phaust began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 902
Quote:
This is one of the trolls from the Russian forum, which also insulted that "adequate russian user" that he tried to protect here.
I do not take him seriously.

E. g.: http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...fc5785b#606323
(In russian: "Are you a dumbass?")

And so on, and so on... No need to even reply to it.
What are you hinting at? You are offended at all who insult you on the Internet?
Phaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:15 PM   #312
cipri
Banned
cipri is on a distinguished road

Device: PB 903
Could the people who insult JimStar introduce themself?

As a hobby-developer (c++) i can confirm that JimStar is right.

The PB 903 that i have has a lot of bugs and short-comings, and a lot of bugs could be solved in the time of some minutes, but PB seems to not care a lot about them.

About 1 year ago, I wrote an pdf-viewer, and therefore I know that the pdf-viewer that PB made is of poor quality, it could be made a lot better, with annotations with margin-cuts with better zooming capabilities and and and ..... This is not at all a big work, but it seems pb needs month for solving minor bugs. Perhaps they are already bussy with making a new product, otherwise i can not explain, how they didnt improve the software which has even such stupid bugs, which makes me think if the people who wrote it also used to test what they coded.

I asked PB if they can open-source the programm scribble, so that i can get familiar with the api, and making a "hand-writing application". I just got a message 2 month ago from "fork", and he was saying that the developers are working on a "hand-writing-application". Fact is, that nothing happened, even such a application based on scribble could be coded in a few days, even by an not talented developer. But nothing happened. Fork never again responded to questions realted to that application.

I was curious on which pdf rendering library the pdfviewer is built up (because it has some serious problems with some pdf-files) and since it was weekend mtravellehr answered: i will ask on monday and tell you. Weeks have past since then, and mtravellerh didn't say a single word!! Since he didn't say anything i reminded him that he planned to tell me, but he still didn't answer, he treated me as air.

And so you still wonder, that some guys are mad on pb?????

I have written a lot of tousands of open-source c++ code, but you can be sure that I will never make giftes to pb (like donating source code), they dont deserv my help. And I will even not write bug reports anymore, they deserv nothing.

I like the hardware of PB903 but the software is poor. After the new sdk will be published, i will not complain to pb anymore, i will code myself all the programs that i need so that i can use my device in a productive way, and not just as a book, but also as a notepad, where i can write my lectures.

shame on you pocketbook.

Last edited by cipri; 02-25-2011 at 02:59 PM.
cipri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #313
Iskander
Iskander began at the beginning.

Device: in search of a large reader for science articles
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipri View Post
After the new sdk will be published, i will not complain to pb anymore, i will code myself all the programs that i need so that i can use my device in a productive way, and not just as a book, but also as a notepad, where i can write my lectures.
Some people are coding for the 60x-90x using inkdemo.h of the SDK as reference and the unofficial SDK released by Yann (LoneTech)... It's a pity that there is as of yet no official release, but perhaps that's enough to get you going?
Iskander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:49 PM   #314
raven2000
raven2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3
Quote:
I hope this helps!
Sil
It's helped me make a decision, thanks alot !
raven2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #315
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipri View Post
I was curious on which pdf rendering library the pdfviewer is built up (because it has some serious problems with some pdf-files) and since it was weekend mtravellehr answered: i will ask on monday and tell you. Weeks have past since then, and mtravellerh didn't say a single word!! Since he didn't say anything i reminded him that he planned to tell me, but he still didn't answer, he treated me as air.
I apologize personally. I never intended to treat you that way. I have been awfully busy lately and I'm present here on MR only sporadically. I respect your views and understand your reaction. Again, I apologize for my lack of reaction to your messages.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote