Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-07-2017, 03:23 PM   #1
montypalmerutils
montypalmerutils began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
No available content to send to PaperWhite 5

So a few months ago I wanted to flush my library and send in new books. When I tried to send to AZW3 books to my PaperWhite, Calibre an error message pops up and says, Could not upload the following books to the device as no suitable formats were found. Convert the book(s) to a format supported by your device first.

I have tried sending AZW3, mobi, epub, but the AZW3 were the ones that I had originally loaded. Has something changed, or has Amazon embedded something in the Kindle Paperwhite so that it only accepts files purchased through Amazon?

Thanks much. I am technical, but a complete n00b on Calibre.

Again, thanks.
montypalmerutils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:23 PM   #2
montypalmerutils

Oh, I am on the latest Paperwhite version, and using 3.3 64-bit Calibre on a WinX Pro lappie.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by montypalmerutils View Post
Oh, I am on the latest Paperwhite version, and using 3.3 64-bit Calibre on a WinX Pro lappie.
There is no paperwhite 5 that I have heard of.
Please give first 6 characters of the serial number and the firmware version of your kindle.
Also country of origin.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:13 PM   #4
montypalmerutils

thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
There is no paperwhite 5 that I have heard of.
Please give first 6 characters of the serial number and the firmware version of your kindle.
Also country of origin.
Kindle 5.8.9.2, with about 1.25 GB free space left. G090 G1 lead the serial number string.

I bought this PaperWhite V5 in the US, but have used it in the European country I am living in, to update and to manage. Never have I seen it reject its own preferred file format.

Again, thanks.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:28 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montypalmerutils View Post
Kindle 5.8.9.2, with about 1.25 GB free space left. G090 G1 lead the serial number string.

I bought this PaperWhite V5 in the US, but have used it in the European country I am living in, to update and to manage. Never have I seen it reject its own preferred file format.

Again, thanks.
That is a PW3. Now next question, did it come shipped with 5.8.9.2?

Did the books have DRM?
Only idea I have is re-convert the book and try again.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:29 PM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

As far as I know side loading is still accepted.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:32 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
With the PW connected to Calibre, check the driver settings and make sure that AZW3 is selected and is the first format sent so if you have an entry with multiple accepted formats that AZW3 gets first priority.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:58 PM   #8
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
As far as I know side loading is still accepted.
Yep. Both my Kindles have the latest firmware and there are no problems with sideloading (either with MOBI or AZW3). I sideload all my books via Calibre.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:23 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Are you sure you weren't trying to send the books by email? You can't email AZW3 books, but Mobi or dual-Mobi should work fine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:13 PM   #10
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Once you Side Load you need to open the PW3 & MOVE the e-books into the DOCUMENT File. This is Done on the PC Without using Calibre.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:52 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Once you Side Load you need to open the PW3 & MOVE the e-books into the DOCUMENT File. This is Done on the PC Without using Calibre.
Utter nonsense. Calibre puts them in the correct place.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:55 AM   #12
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Utter nonsense. Calibre puts them in the correct place.
Not Always!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:37 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Not Always!
Yes, it does. Always. Please describe a scenario in which you believe it doesn't.

Tags
formats, paperwhite, suitable