Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-10-2022, 07:58 AM   #1
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
Export highlights doesn't work

Something is no okay with the new export highlights plugin. I set it up with html and/or text output, then clicked on the "Export all notes in this book" . The "Exporting may take several seconds" message appeared then disappeared, but nothing was exported, or at least I couldn't find anything anywhere. (My first guess was the usual folder "koreader/clipboard", but it was not there.)

I tried on an android smartphone, on Onyx Boox Nova 3 and on Kindle Oasis 3.
No luck on either of them. (build 63)
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 09:39 AM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
TBH all my tests were done on the emulator .

It should behave at least there
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2022, 09:54 AM   #3
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually everything looks pretty good, so I have no idea of the root of your problem.

The directory where exports files are placed is "clipboard" under KO data dir (the same dir where ko is installed in most e-ink devices, /sdcard/koreader in android)

If you want to figure out where those files end on your device you can add a little change

Code:
diff --git a/plugins/exporter.koplugin/main.lua b/plugins/exporter.koplugin/main.lua
index 94b08b58..62c739c7 100644
--- a/plugins/exporter.koplugin/main.lua
+++ b/plugins/exporter.koplugin/main.lua
@@ -172,6 +172,9 @@ function Exporter:exportClippings(clippings)
             for k, v in pairs(self.targets) do
                 if v:isEnabled() then
                     v.timestamp = timestamp
+                    if not v.is_remote then
+                        logger.info("exporting to", v:getFilePath(exportables))
+                    end
                     v:export(exportables)
                     v.timestamp = nil
                 end
and do the export again. It should print something like:

Code:
05/10/22-15:48:01 WARN  exporting to ./clipboard/2022-05-10 15:48:01-all-books.json
05/10/22-15:48:01 WARN  exporting to ./clipboard/2022-05-10 15:48:01-all-books.txt
05/10/22-15:48:01 WARN  exporting to ./clipboard/2022-05-10 15:48:01-all-books.html
in your log.
Old 05-11-2022, 06:15 AM   #4
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
Jeez, I wish I could do that...
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 05:25 PM   #5
jnikkir
Connoisseur
jnikkir doesn't litterjnikkir doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW5/11th Gen
I'm actually having this issue as well -- I can't get any highlights or notes to export on my PW5. It just shows the "Exporting may take several seconds" message, and then nothing happens. I've searched all the Kindle's folders in Explorer via USB, and there's no new exported highlights HTMLs to be found.

OP, did you ever get this fixed?
jnikkir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2022, 10:29 PM   #6
uroybd
uroybd doesn't litteruroybd doesn't litter

Device: Likebook P78, Boox Poke Pro
Smile

A fix has been made in this PR and will be merged soon.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/9076
uroybd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 08:36 PM   #7
jnikkir
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by uroybd View Post
A fix has been made in this PR and will be merged soon.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/9076
That's wonderful, thank you so much!!
Old 05-25-2022, 03:21 AM   #8
henriquemaia
Ignorant of many things
henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I too noticed this issue recently. I was also pleased upon reading that a fix is on the way. Thank a lot everyone for sharing your experiences and insights on this.
henriquemaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 11:52 AM   #9
uroybd
uroybd doesn't litteruroybd doesn't litter

Device: Likebook P78, Boox Poke Pro
The fix has been merged.

You can either update from development channel or wait for next stable release.
uroybd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 06:03 AM   #10
henriquemaia
Ignorant of many things
henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
The fix has been merged.

Meaning it's already on the nightly builds? If yes, that's awesome!

Edit: it is! I've already installed the latest build, and it works perfectly. Thanks so much, everyone.

Last edited by henriquemaia; 05-30-2022 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Added an important update.
Old 05-30-2022, 04:22 PM   #11
jnikkir
Connoisseur

Quote:
The fix has been merged.

YES, it works so well! Love that it exports files with date/time in the filename. Thanks so much to everyone who worked on that plugin.

Related question -- does anyone know if it's possible to automatically export highlights from a book when you finish it?
Old 06-01-2022, 05:12 AM   #12
henriquemaia
Ignorant of many things

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnikkir View Post
YES, it works so well! Love that it exports files with date/time in the filename. Thanks so much to everyone who worked on that plugin.

Related question -- does anyone know if it's possible to automatically export highlights from a book when you finish it?

That would be wonderful! Not absolutely necessary, but a practical automation, for sure.
Old 06-01-2022, 12:50 PM   #13
jnikkir
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriquemaia View Post
That would be wonderful! Not absolutely necessary, but a practical automation, for sure.
Being able to add it as an additional end-of-document action would be amazing. Or even just the option to assign it a gesture would be cool.
Old 06-01-2022, 01:00 PM   #14
pazos
cosiñeiro

The "export at end-of-document" is a BIG NOPE for the time being.

Adding [Document] gestures for "export all notes in this book" and [General] gestures for "export all notes in history" sounds like a good idea.

ie: you will be able to export all history from everywhere and a specific document from the document itself using the gesture of your choice.
Old 06-29-2022, 04:37 AM   #15
ChristineGER
Enthusiast
ChristineGER began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Question How can I change the default destination directory for export?

@pazos

I am glad that the export is now working again.
But how can I change the default destination directory for the exported notes?

I thought I had already figured it out and could simply change this line in the base.lua file

Code:
    clipping_dir = require("datastorage"):getDataDir() .. "/clipboard"
to this

Code:
    clipping_dir = "/mnt/ext1/MYFOLDER/"
But unfortunately this produces an error message when exporting (Failed to export).
Can you give me please some advice?
Thanks a lot!
ChristineGER is offline   Reply With Quote