Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-19-2015, 03:27 PM   #1
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1 no touch
extensions.cfg who can explain it

Hi!

I'd like to add a small "application" to my pocketbook. I want to be able to click on a file with my "own" extension and then this "application" should start.

This seems to work but for it I had to add a line to extensions.cfg looking a bit like this:

Code:
myext:@MYAPP_file:1:MYAPP.app:ICON_TXT
"myext" and "MYAPP.app" are clear to me.

@MYAPP_file seems to be a reference to some translatable text in system/language/CC.txt

What's the purpose of the "1"?

But what about "ICON_TXT"? I simply used it for now to have something. But what could I use here? Can I add my own Icon?
Skeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:42 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I believe that the "1" refers to the argument(s) passed to the program. It seems that "1" means that the application just gets the full path to the selected file as a single argument. Looking at the system version of extensions.cfg, picviewer.app has "2", and weblink has "5". Everyone else has "1". Perhaps the Library app passes more information with other numbers. You could try and see what else gets passed in to your app if you change the number.

ICON_TXT refers to what icon gets shown next to the files of that type in the Library app. Other possibilities are ICON_HTM, ICON_PDF, ICON_EPUB, ICON_ACSM, ICON_FB2, ICON_HTML, ICON_CHM, ICON_RTF, ICON_DOC, ICON_PRC, ICON_TCR, ICON_WWW, ICON_DJVU, ICOM_MP3, ICON_APP, ICON_JPG, ICON_PNG, ICON_BMP, ICON_TIFF. I have no idea where these are actually defined; they are just the ones I've seen in the system extensions.cfg file (in /ebrmain/config/extensions.cfg).
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2015, 12:57 AM   #3
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1 no touch
Thanks @rkomar. So it seems I'll stick with ICON_TXT.
Skeeve is offline   Reply With Quote