Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-04-2020, 12:11 AM   #1
chookie2
Connoisseur
chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad mc7 16gig
Unhappy IMporting books problem

I am getting this message each time I try to import books into Calibre. Can anyone advise me what's wrong. Recently updated to 4.20.0 but that too is not installing. I have restarted several times deleted and reinstalled update so I am stuck on what else to do.Running Windows 10.

calibre, version 4.19.0
ERROR: Cannot add books: Failed to add any books, click "Show details" for more information.

Failed to start worker process
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\pool.py", line 202, in start_worker
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\pool.py", line 190, in create_worker
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\pool.py", line 74, in start_worker
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 169, in start_pipe_worker
File "subprocess.py", line 394, in __init__
File "subprocess.py", line 644, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
chookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 01:54 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your antivirus has quaratined the calibre worker process, calibre-parallel.exe
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
importing books, update problem.