Old 03-11-2018, 11:48 AM   #16
bagpiper1
Banned
bagpiper1 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura edition 2 and Kobo Aura ONE
Thumbs up Thanks for the tip !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaskyle View Post
I tried out Kepubify this afternoon because I'm reading a book with diagrams, and I wanted to be able to zoom in on them. It was really fast and easy to use! Thanks for providing the resource.

After you convert a book to kepbub, how do you merge that format into Calibre? If I add the book, Calibre thinks there are two entries for the same book.
Cool , thanks for the post ! I just started converting epubs to kepub like a month ago so I was unaware you can zoom in on images. That makes reading certain math books bareable on my kobo aura edition 2. I was going to wait until my KA1 arrived to read certain books with the 7.8 screen. Zooming is a good feature but sometimes it is better to see it in context with surrounding text so my KA1 will likely still be better for this, though.

Also, not to go too far off topic but KA1 is decent, but not ideal, at reading single column pdf files with Koreader and in landscape mode using the crop function unlike 6 inch readers and without the ridiculous price tag of eReaders with larger than 7.8 inch screens.

Last edited by bagpiper1; 03-11-2018 at 11:53 AM.
bagpiper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:17 AM   #17
zztush
Connoisseur
zztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Touch, iPad, iPod and NintendoDS
Hi, geek1011!

kepubify-windows-32bit.exe doesn't work on my 32bit windows. Alart says that it is not compatible with my windows. It may be 64 bit version.
zztush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:36 AM   #18
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztush View Post
Hi, geek1011!

kepubify-windows-32bit.exe doesn't work on my 32bit windows. Alart says that it is not compatible with my windows. It may be 64 bit version.

That's unusual. The 32-bit builds have been having intermittent issues. I'll try to figure it out.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:51 AM   #19
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi, geek1011!

I figured out the issue. I have been made a typo in a variable name last time I updated the build script, so it only builds for 64bit (but it does not fail and does not count as an error).

The new version is here: https://github.com/geek1011/kepubify...ses/tag/v2.1.1
Old 03-22-2018, 07:25 AM   #20
zztush
Connoisseur
zztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toys

Thank you for kepubify. It is very nice program and I've wanted to have for a long time. Thank you for BookBrowser too.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:30 AM   #21
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Thank you for kepubify. It is very nice program and I've wanted to have for a long time. Thank you for BookBrowser too.
You're welcome. I've wanted them a while too, and they were fun to make.

As for BookBrowser, I'm on the fence about whether to add authentication to it (to enable features like uploads). The biggest issue I have with it is that I aim for BookBrowser to be as simple as possible (and not have feature bloat). What do you think about adding authentication? And also, would an opds feed be useful?
Old 03-22-2018, 10:41 AM   #22
zztush
Connoisseur

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
What do you think about adding authentication? And also, would an opds feed be useful?
No. I just expect very simple one. I just want to browse book covers and transfer books easily.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:34 PM   #23
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
No. I just expect very simple one. I just want to browse book covers and transfer books easily.
I agree. That's what I was thinking too.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:22 AM   #24
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
My way to convert easily with kepubify

I've windows 10 64 bit, I've used this sistem:

1) put the folder "kepubify" in the C: untit
2) copy your book/s in the folder "epub"
3) double click on fullscreenreadingbugfix.bat
and the book/s wil be automaticaly converted and put in the "epub _converted folder". (The file "normal conversion.bat" does a simple conversion to kepub)

Before the conversion I clean the folders
Attached Files
File Type: zip kepubify.zip (2.51 MB, 276 views)
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 03:44 PM   #25
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
I've windows 10 64 bit, I've used this sistem:

1) put the folder "kepubify" in the C: untit
2) copy your book/s in the folder "epub"
3) double click on fullscreenreadingbugfix.bat
and the book/s wil be automaticaly converted and put in the "epub _converted folder". (The file "normal conversion.bat" does a simple conversion to kepub)

Before the conversion I clean the folders
Looks good . You can also use the --update option to only convert books which have not already been converted.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:13 AM   #26
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
Thank you so much for this program. For various reasons, I'm stuck on an older version of Calibre which doesn't contain kepub conversion and this beautifully makes up for Calibre's shortcomings. I appreciate the fantastic work you've done and want you to know it is treasured.
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:42 PM   #27
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousj View Post
Thank you so much for this program. For various reasons, I'm stuck on an older version of Calibre which doesn't contain kepub conversion and this beautifully makes up for Calibre's shortcomings. I appreciate the fantastic work you've done and want you to know it is treasured.
Thanks. I'm actually working on a Calibre plugin for kepubify (as kepubify has a few advantages over the existing kepub output plugin).
Old 04-07-2018, 11:31 PM   #28
geek1011
Wizard

I have released version 2.1.2. This version contains a bugfix for epubcheck warnings on nbsp entities in xml documents.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:21 PM   #29
geek1011
Wizard

I have released version 2.1.3.

This version fixes a few bugs with some epubs: It reopens self-closing title tags (which are invalid, but still in some ebooks) to prevent the page from being blank. It also adds the xmlns:xlink namespace to inline svg documents which are missing it.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:45 AM   #30
konstantinus
Connoisseur
konstantinus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Forma
My .epub books contain a publisher default font. When reading in kobo (Glo HD, Aura One), the weight of this font changes in the Advanced menu. After using kepubify, in .kepub no matter how I changed the font weight in the menu - it remains the original. What could be the problem?
konstantinus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, epub, kepub, kepubify, kobo