Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-14-2010, 04:59 AM   #1
saxophone
saxophone began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
download errors

When I download a book by wireless facility, there are a number of spelling and punctuation errors.
Why does this happen and how can the errors be rectified.
Surely the quality od downloads should be accurate.

I have the same problem with PDF documents that I have uploaded for conversion to my free.kindle address

Thanks
saxophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:04 AM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Unfortunately it's got nothing to do with the download, but with the actual editing of the material you have downloaded.

I have been pretty lucky with the books I've been reading...

Welcome to MR...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
the downloading wouldn't affect spelling at all. the only punctuation it should affect is hard line returns and maybe line spacing between paragraphs. sometimes scanned documents have a bunch of "spelling" errors due to the quality of the proofing of the scan
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote