Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #1516
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
@Sincopa, this post is for the firmwares, take care to keep this thread for the comments about the firmwares.
May be, you could have some troubles, please post in the appropriate thread.

In this type of forum, you'll find more people that post because they have some trouble, than people that say that they are happy.

I'm happy with my device and I have not trouble with my device.

Thanks.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #1517
Sincopa
Sincopa began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox M92
Is not my situation...The screen is ok..
But...I don't Know..
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaytsev View Post
Is there a manufacturer that *will* treat broken screen as a warranty case?
Sincopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #1518
Sincopa
Sincopa began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox M92
Ok Randy11, excuse me!! Don't want to make war...
This is only that I'm a litle bit confuse, maybe because the device don't go and there is not apparently a reason.
I try to make the tread in other post.
I desire the best for your device.

Sincopa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
@Sincopa, this post is for the firmwares, take care to keep this thread for the comments about the firmwares.
May be, you could have some troubles, please post in the appropriate thread.

In this type of forum, you'll find more people that post because they have some trouble, than people that say that they are happy.

I'm happy with my device and I have not trouble with my device.

Thanks.
Sincopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #1519
Esteve
Esteve began at the beginning.

Device: M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Hi,
The applications are installed in the "Applications" folder of the main screen. Some third-party softwares, like OTFM, reboots the device.
Hi,

The software does not appear in the Applications folder. Do I have to enable third-party support somehow?

Best,
esteve
Esteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #1520
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteve View Post
Hi,
The software does not appear in the Applications folder. Do I have to enable third-party support somehow?
Best,
esteve
Could you give the link where you download the third-party tools ?
It could be useful to make a test.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #1521
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
While it might be pleasant to be able to copy and paste in some cases, it is very marginal feature for my type of use. There are many much more important features users wait for.

What e-ink reader has copy/paste capability?

EDIT:
It was reply to user whose note was deleted.

Last edited by Mono; 10-28-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #1522
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Please, tell me what e-ink reader has copy/paste ability.

And, it might be interesting, if you describe, for what tasks you find copy/paste handy.

Keep in mind. The device is supposed to work as reader, not text editor. It is sort of modern book. Paper books do not support copy/paste. If you need to make clippings of the text, it is possible in M92. And it is possible to export them to text file for processing in PC.

Multitasking is handy, if one reads several documents at the same time and needs fast switching between them.

EDIT:

Last edited by Mono; 10-28-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #1523
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
If you need to make clippings of the text, it is possible in M92. And it is possible to export them to text file for processing in PC.

Multitasking is handy, if one reads several documents at the same time and needs fast switching between them.
The software is such an awful buggy mess, that either making annotations nor multitasking works reliably.
Not even normal reading of PDFs works reliably.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #1524
BNoir
BNoir began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92 (Black Pearl edition)
Has anyone here successfully replaced the "Black Pearl" M92 firmware version ? Booxtor mentioned somewhere in this thread that it was possible.
BNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #1525
Mono
Mono

@Defenderland

You are right in many aspects. That is why it is IMO more important to polish current SW and implement Copy/Paste in future if ever...
Old 10-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #1526
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
@Defenderland

You are right in many aspects. That is why it is IMO more important to polish current SW and implement Copy/Paste in future if ever...
I agree. Solving bugs is more important
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:28 AM   #1527
Mono
Mono

OK, android e-ink readers have it by definition. What non-android e-ink reader has Copy/Paste ability?

All android e-ink readers have multitasking. And from non-android ones for example PowerBook. I guess, that Onyx decided to add multitasking because PowerBook has it. And 10" PowerBook is probably the only real competitor with M92.

Some sort of multitasking is handy. At least for certain group of users.

So, for what tasks you find handy to have Copy/Paste in e-ink reader.

PS. It might be better to start dedicated thread for Copy/Paste discussion, so if you are willing to describe your desire for Copy/Paste and want to write why and for what tasks you find it handy, please, start new thread with this topic. Many new features were implemented by Onyx based on the needs described in this forum. If many users will agree with your opinion that Copy/Paste is important for them, than there is chance that it will be implemented in future. :-)

EDIT:

Last edited by Mono; 10-28-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #1528
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
Here's my little tweaked version of e-mail app from PocketBook source :

Basically it uses mpop and ripmime to extract attachments from e-mail messages ( similiar to SendToKindle ).

Installation :
- Download OnyMail.zip
- Unzip OnyMail.zip and copy OnyMail directory to M92 internal memory
- Run "installer.oar"

Configuration:
- Set up new account on gmail.com
- Insert your login (without "@gmail.com") and password to "onymail_config" file
- Run "update_settings.oar"

Usage:
- Set up network connection (via web browser/rss reader/etc.)
- Run "OnyMail" from "Applications" menu

Uninstallation:
- Run "uninstaller.oar"

Enjoy
Why the program does not work on new firmware versions for the M92?

Почему программа не работает на новых прошивках для М92?
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #1529
Mono
Mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by icymilk View Post
many, like the one now i am using, you may not heard of it, it's called Wisereader.

and, have you ever heard a device called "e ink clipboard"?
Wisereader uses Windows and so it may have Copy/Paste. Most of e-ink readers do not use android or Win.

e-ink clipboard looks interesting, but it is not e-ink reader and it does not seem (from description) to have Copy/Paste ability.

Once more. If you desire Copy/Paste, start new thread with that topic and describe there what benefit it would bring.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:34 AM   #1530
HariSeldon85
HariSeldon85 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Hi @ All,

I've just buyed an Icarus Excel (m92 rebranded) for 199€ on amazon italy

I would like to know if it's possible to flash it with official boox m92 firmware updates from booxtor .

Thanks in advance, i'd appreciate any help.

HS
HariSeldon85 is offline   Reply With Quote