Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-24-2017, 11:30 AM   #1366
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

Dogwalking

She walked two dogs,
Beggar and Poo-Poo.

One was a terrier
the other a schitz.

I’ll let you decide.

Kenny A. Chaffin – 3/21/2017

WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:40 AM   #1367
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Glad you liked it!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2017, 10:11 PM   #1368
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
That was easy, kenny

anyway, not quite the season, but

fine weather withers
away yellow leaves - leaves way
for green ice cinders
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:18 PM   #1369
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
That was easy, kenny

anyway, not quite the season, but

fine weather withers
away yellow leaves - leaves way
for green ice cinders
Old 06-08-2017, 06:28 AM   #1370
kennyc

The Awakening

In the covfefe moonlight
shimmering like eternal dawn
Tinkerbell fades, scratching
her tiny balls, consciousness
shrinking, fading away only
to return at dawn, to reiterate
to double down on the madness

Kenny A. Chaffin – 6/7/2017
Advert
Old 07-28-2017, 05:45 AM   #1371
toddhicks209
Enthusiast
toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Someone somewhere made the mistake of suggesting I post some poetry. I will if you will. It doesn't have to be any good (as you will quickly see for yourself). I mainly focus on haibun, but here is something light-hearted I was inspired to write when my boys were young. I assert my copyright, such that that matters.

Age of Boys

Once upon a time, Boys ruled the Earth,
and the power of flight was attained
through bikes and scrap-wooden ramps.
(The True Believers could achieve much more,
hawk-riding thermals above the street lamps,
dangling from their Levi's jean-jacket sleeves.)

Sorcerers were clad in magic sneakers,
imbued with the ability to run faster,
jump higher, than the mortal neighbor brats.
Oh, Talisman of Power, the red sport logo!

Horrific weapons of warfare were crafted
from scrap lumber, tin pails, and dirt.
Holy Wars raged through eternal Saturdays;
resurrections of the Righteous
and the Unrighteous as even the slain
were called to dinner.

Loyalty was sworn in blood and spit,
bravery and cowardice revealed during
The Ritual Climbing of Mr. Miller's Trees.

Boys spoke all the Animal Tongues:
language of Toad and Salamander,
Robin, Crow, and Lower Dog.

They lived in the woods, their days
a meander along old Indian trails
and the muddy creekbed of the Amazon.

Then in sudden cataclysm
the Age of Boys was over
(a new species was the cause).
Scholars now study that ancient world,
that primitive time,
before the Age of Girls.
You did well.
toddhicks209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:07 AM   #1372
kennyc

The Best Part of Waking Up
by

Kenny A. Chaffin
All Rights Reserved © 2017 Kenny A. Chaffin

I found glistening squirrel guts smeared all over my concrete patio. I knew they were squirrel guts because…..well, let’s not get into that… Flies were buzzing in the morning sun and I could hear scratching, clawing, snuffling at the perimeter fences. Raccoons, skunks, possums I presumed and the feral cats from the neighbor’s houses. Shadows of hawks floated over the newly mown grass. Crows and ravens waited in the branches. I held the warm cup to my chest, inhaled deeply and smiled. After a moment, I closed the sliding glass door, turned, and refilled the cup with hot fresh Folgers.

Kenny A. Chaffin – 8/9/2017

Last edited by kennyc; 08-09-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:22 PM   #1373
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

👏 Very nice, Kenny. The part about the squirrel guts warmed my heart. 👍
Old 08-09-2017, 09:23 PM   #1374
kennyc

Quote:
�� Very nice, Kenny. The part about the squirrel guts warmed my heart. ��
Ah, There you are....I almost....and may yet....dedicate this to you Mr. Sharpe.
Definitely had you and Folgers in mind as I wrote it.
I Know you love your Folgers almost as much as me.

Last edited by kennyc; 08-09-2017 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:29 PM   #1375
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Full disclosure: These days I usually put Starbucks Caramel in my Keurig.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:34 PM   #1376
kennyc

Quote:
Full disclosure: These days I usually put Starbucks Caramel in my Keurig.
Oh You Traitor You!!!
Old 08-10-2017, 08:42 AM   #1377
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Ain't I a stinker?
Old 08-10-2017, 09:14 AM   #1378
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
👏 Very nice, Kenny. The part about the squirrel guts warmed my heart. 👍
Indeed. Rotten varmints.

When I was a girl and New York was overrun by the critters, our governor, Rocky, (how's that for coincidence?) advocated running over them with your car as the only way to curtail the population. Far nicer to think of natural predators getting a meal.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:21 AM   #1379
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Indeed. Rotten varmints.

When I was a girl and New York was overrun by the critters, our governor, Rocky, (how's that for coincidence?) advocated running over them with your car as the only way to curtail the population. Far nicer to think of natural predators getting a meal.
Oh My!

Tags
poetry, squirrelku