Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-27-2019, 04:04 AM   #6256
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 27 Nov @ 11:59 PM GMT

* Jenson Button: Life to the Limit
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:15 AM   #6257
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Daily Deals -- exp 27 Nov @ 11:59 PM PT
Advert
Old 11-27-2019, 04:25 AM   #6258
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Downpour -- Rental of the Week -- exp 02 Dec @ 11:59 PM PT
Quote:
Rental Only

Even the Darkest Stars Series (book 1)

This is the first in a sweeping and action-packed debut fantasy duology loosely inspired by the early climbers of Mt. Everest—perfect for fans of Cindy Pon and Alison Goodman.

Kamzin has always dreamed of becoming one of the emperor’s royal explorers, the elite climbers tasked with mapping the wintry, mountainous empire and spying on its enemies. She knows she could be the best in the world, if only someone would give her a chance.

But everything changes when the mysterious and eccentric River Shara, the greatest explorer ever known, arrives in her village and demands to hire Kamzin—not her older sister Lusha, as everyone had expected—for his next expedition. This is Kamzin’s chance to prove herself—even though River’s mission to retrieve a rare talisman for the emperor means climbing Raksha, the tallest and deadliest mountain in the Aryas. Then Lusha sets off on her own mission to Raksha with a rival explorer who is determined to best River, and Kamzin must decide what’s most important to her: protecting her sister from the countless perils of the climb or beating her to the summit.

The challenges of climbing Raksha are unlike anything Kamzin expected—or prepared for—with avalanches, ice chasms, ghosts, and even worse at every turn. And as dark secrets are revealed, Kamzin must unravel the truth of their mission and of her companions—while surviving the deadliest climb she has ever faced.
Rental FAQ
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    When does my rental period begin?

Your rental timer will begin counting down when you first initiate the download on your device or 10 days after purchase, whichever comes first.
    Quote:
    How long can I listen to a title?

All digital rentals provide a minimum of 30 days to listen to a book from the time you initiate your first download. With some of our longer books, such as Atlas Shrugged (63hrs), we extend the listening period to 60 days. You do have the option of purchasing a 5, 10, or 20 day extension after you have made your rental purchase.
    Quote:
    How many times can I listen to my rental?

You may listen to a rental as many times as you would like until it expires.
    Quote:
    Can I extend my rental time period?

Once you are logged into your Downpour.com account, you can purchase a time extension for any of your previous rentals via THIS link. After clicking “Extend Rental,” you have the option of purchasing a 5-day ($1.95), 10-day ($2.95) or 20-day ($4.95) extension. If your rental has not yet expired, the purchased time will be added onto your rental. (Example: if your rental has one day remaining, and you purchase a five-day extension, you will now have six days total before your rental expires.) If your rental has already expired, the extension will allow you to listen to your book again for the amount of time purchased.
    Quote:
    Can I have the same rental on more than one device?

You may listen to your audiobook rental on as many personal devices as you own. Your rental time will be synced across all devices on which you have installed the Downpour app.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:34 AM   #6259
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Last Day -- Humble Bundle -- exp 27 Nov @ 11 am PT
Old 11-27-2019, 04:42 AM   #6260
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Last Day -- Audible -- exp 27 Nov @ 9:00 am PT 6:59 pm PT

OFFER EXTENDED to 6:59 pm PT

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-27-2019 at 12:55 PM.
Advert
Old 11-27-2019, 11:50 AM   #6261
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Black Friday Sale at Audible. Members only; no surprise. Buy three or more sale titles at prices from $5 to $8 and get a $5 coupon.

I'll add that I can see this only because I got a notification on my app and a splash page on the website, with what seemed to be that targeted offer of three months at $6.95 each, plus a $15 Amazon coupon. This meets my price parameters. I'm assuming that targeting me means I qualify, although of course the fine print says new members only. I'll be annoyed if this was bait-and-switch on Amazon/Audible's part and have to contact CS during such a busy week. I did at least take a screenshot of the offer, which even included my credit card details.

Last edited by issybird; 11-27-2019 at 03:23 PM.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:00 PM   #6262
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'll add that I can see this only because I got a notification on my app and a splash page on the website, with what seemed to be that targeted offer of three months at $6.95 each, plus a $15 Amazon coupon. This meets my price parameters. I'm assuming that targeting me means I qualify, although of course the fine print says new members only. I'll be annoyed if this was bait-and-switch on Amazon/Audible's part and have to contact CS during such a busy week. I did at least take a screenshot of the offer, which even included my credit card details.
I too was targeted with the email and when I started to sign up, Audible re-flashed the final screen before it places the order and changed the price from $6.95 to $14.95. I intend to call them today and give them an earful for the bait and switch. I took a screenshot too.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:03 PM   #6263
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
No sale on the UK site...maybe I should put the app on my extra phone.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:05 PM   #6264
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I too was targeted with the email and when I started to sign up, Audible re-flashed the final screen before it places the order and changed the price from $6.95 to $14.95. I intend to call them today and give them an earful for the bait and switch. I took a screenshot too.
I'm grateful for earlier posts, which gave me a heads up that there might be a problem. I was, however, charged the $6.95, so I'm still hopeful if not confident.

Mini rant: I've never understood the raves about Amazon's CS. I've never found them any better than any other retailer and with this kind of shady practice, they're significantly worse.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:48 PM   #6265
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm grateful for earlier posts, which gave me a heads up that there might be a problem. I was, however, charged the $6.95, so I'm still hopeful if not confident.

Mini rant: I've never understood the raves about Amazon's CS. I've never found them any better than any other retailer and with this kind of shady practice, they're significantly worse.
Just got off the phone after two calls. I got disconnected on the first one. They said it was a system glitch and that my getting the email was a mistake. They offered me $7.49/mo x 3mo, but no $15 Amz credit. I rejected the offer.

I wonder how many calls they got concerning this issue and if it was worth the bad publicity not to honor their mistake.

Santa needs to put a lump of coal in Audible's stocking this year
Old 11-27-2019, 01:20 PM   #6266
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Just got off the phone after two calls. I got disconnected on the first one. They said it was a system glitch and that my getting the email was a mistake. They offered me $7.49/mo x 3mo, but no $15 Amz credit. I rejected the offer.

I wonder how many calls they got concerning this issue and if it was worth the bad publicity not to honor their mistake.

Santa needs to put a lump of coal in Audible's stocking this year
Same experience for each member of my family. I hope it's a simple bad offer page and not an intentional bait and switch. I left them a strongly worded feedback message....

Maybe they'll have a good deal for returning members for Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

Last edited by ApK; 11-27-2019 at 01:34 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:32 PM   #6267
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
I got a different offer. When I joined prime I got an offer for three free months of Amazon music unlimited. I decided to try it. Then I got this offer:

Dear Amazon Music Unlimited Subscriber,
Just a reminder that you’re currently eligible for this limited-time offer. Sign up and enjoy Audible for just $5.98/month for the first 3-months of membership (60% off).

The offer went through at $5.98 and I suppose because it is in the three day window I also got the $15 credit. That shocked me, I really didn't expect the credit.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 01:15 AM   #6268
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
I hate having to re-do something that I've already done once or more already.

Last night, I created a post and, somehow it disappeared into cyberspace when I was trying to post it.

Instead of trying to recreate the post, I'm just going to give the gist of it. The gist of it is this: I read about a lady who got 5 or 6 free library cards from libraries in major cities in California, simply because she is a resident of California. I wonder how many cards that you could get from libraries in a state where you live, simply on the basis of the fact that you live in that state?

For you newbies out there, the advantage of having cards from as many libraries as possible is this: you enhance your ability to find and borrow a particular ebook that you want to read or audio book that you want to listen to.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 11-28-2019 at 01:17 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:18 AM   #6269
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I hate having to re-do something that I've already done once or more already.

Last night, I created a post and, somehow it disappeared into cyberspace when I was trying to post it.

Instead of trying to recreate the post, I'm just going to give the gist of it. The gist of it is this: I read about a lady who got 5 or 6 free library cards from libraries in major cities in California, simply because she is a resident of California. I wonder how many cards that you could get from libraries in a state where you live, simply on the basis of the fact that you live in that state?

For you newbies out there, the advantage of having cards from as many libraries as possible is this: you enhance your ability to find and borrow a particular ebook that you want to read or audio book that you want to listen to.
OH is the same. I have digital cards for 9 public libraries, several of them large multi-county consortia. Most were simple on-line signups. Clevnet required an in-person signup, and Cincinnati required an emailed ID photocopy. Most require a renewal every 3 years that can be done by phone. They're all loaded into Overdrive and its Calibre plugin to search statewide. University libraries are unfortunately not included. Hoopla is, but it's still a pretty limited selection.

This makes it possible to read a book series in order with almost never a delay in borrowing the next book. About once per year I have to buy a book that for some reason isn't available at any of my libraries. I use Overdrive's "recommend" as soon as I can for all new releases to get on the hold list, and rarely have to wait more than a week or two after release.

Any local library card also lets you borrow paper books, CDs and DVDs statewide - we've watched a ton of Acorn and BBC/Britbox stuff that way (while I was typing this I got a notification that Shetland S5 is ready for pickup - woo hoo).
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:20 PM   #6270
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 28 Nov @ 11:59 PM GMT

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-28-2019 at 12:24 PM.