pepexx began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
good morning, friends :-)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30105
pepexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #17
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
2010?

uugh are they carving them by hand?

get those machines running and pump those babies out!
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #18
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Am I the only one who saw color ???? (second video)

Finally ... a magazine viewer!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #19
echoleaf
Connoisseur
echoleaf doesn't litterecholeaf doesn't litterecholeaf doesn't litter

Device: Bebook, Cybook or eSlick?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Am I the only one who saw color ???? (second video)
Nah - they were reflections :-(
echoleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #20
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Wonderfull! Love to hear more! (especially the price)
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #21
LucidDreams
Tech Reader
LucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-350
For the love of God just release the dang thing. Even if it can only read/display 1 format it's miles above better then anything else out there. And with the size of the screen all it needs is PDF format.

The Plastic Logic eBook Reader was suppose to be released early this year, now we're talking 2010? Seems like this is more half baked then originally thought. Sure it's a great device with a working proto-type. But it doesn't take 1yr to bring to market when the prototype works so well.

If Sony or Amazon was smart they would just buy Plastic Logic. Or perhaps that's why Plastic Logic is holding out longer for?
LucidDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:48 AM   #22
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidDreams View Post
For the love of God just release the dang thing. Even if it can only read/display 1 format it's miles above better then anything else out there. And with the size of the screen all it needs is PDF format.

The Plastic Logic eBook Reader was suppose to be released early this year, now we're talking 2010? Seems like this is more half baked then originally thought. Sure it's a great device with a working proto-type. But it doesn't take 1yr to bring to market when the prototype works so well.

If Sony or Amazon was smart they would just buy Plastic Logic. Or perhaps that's why Plastic Logic is holding out longer for?
Or perhaps Borders, Barnes & Noble, or Hasting's might Buy it.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:51 AM   #23
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
I am SO in love with this device. I keep thinking how wonderful it would be to read my docs at work. Sigh. 2010, please get here soon.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:20 AM   #24
bazzz
Enthusiast
bazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy bluebazzz can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: iPad Pro
Damn... 2010 is a disappointment. The screen background looks amazingly white (not a bit grey like on the IREX DR) and it seems pretty quick too (although we don't know what the real world speed will be...)

Before I read about 2010 - I would have said "if they bring that device in mid 2009 (or Q3) for 500-600 dollars then IRex would be practically out of business... "

But at least we know there's really good devices coming in the near future!

Does anyone know what the screen resolution is? Any guesses?
bazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #25
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Quote:
if they bring that device in mid 2009 (or Q3) for 500-600 dollars then IRex would be practically out of business...
you know, maybe until then iRex releases the DR2000...

Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #26
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I thought I read somewhere the Plastic Logics Reader was supposed to launch 2nd quarter of '09, not 2010.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #27
pepexx
pepexx began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I thought I read somewhere the Plastic Logics Reader was supposed to launch 2nd quarter of '09, not 2010.
From the plasticlogic website:

"Our foray into the market will begin in the second half of 2009 with pilots, and trials with key partners. We expect to accelerate the momentum of our sales in 2010"

Try to become a pilot
pepexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #28
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by echoleaf View Post
Nah - they were reflections :-(
I think you're right. The only color I saw was a greenish tinge in the pictures.

The bezel is kind of big for nothing to me. I still prefer the compactness of the Sony(s).

How long will we have to wait for a real magazine viewer... I mean other than a computer or a tablet?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #29
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Is it 2010 yet?
Close your eyes and count to ten.

Hey, it could work!
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #30
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepexx View Post
From the plasticlogic website:

"Our foray into the market will begin in the second half of 2009 with pilots, and trials with key partners. We expect to accelerate the momentum of our sales in 2010"

Try to become a pilot
I don't wanna buy a Pilot!, lol...
It'd be amazing if THE ebook format could be available;or if I could read LRF on this device.... Then I won't need to reconvert all my books,ifI wanted to buy it.