Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2023, 10:57 AM   #1
archz2
Connoisseur
archz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10th gen) - 6", OnePlus 9RT - MoonReader Pro
Epub file with missing table of contents

I have a book in epub format that has clickable table of contents. They show up perfecty in calibre reader and moonreader pro. But in my kindle device, they don't show up. The table of contents page also is not clickable.

I uploaded the epub file here to fix any errors
https://kindle-epub-fix.netlify.app/

And it said "No errors detected. Perhaps there are other errors?".

I converted the epub to epub again using Calibre but still I face the issue. Please help me fix this issue.

Last edited by archz2; 09-29-2023 at 02:41 AM.
archz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 11:21 AM   #2
jonathan2022
Connoisseur
jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android
Just to confirm are you wanting to keep it in epub format? Have you tried from epub to azw3 to epub.
jonathan2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2023, 11:27 AM   #3
jonathan2022
Connoisseur
jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android
You can use Amazon Kindle send to . It will convert it to kfx with service. Then it should have table contents. Or you could convert to azw3 and copy to kindle using us cable. To verify that it shows first copy converted azw3 file to kindle content folder if you have kindle for pc and open.
jonathan2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 11:53 AM   #4
innocenat
Zealot
innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PPW5, Quaderno A4, Supernote A6X, Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by archz2 View Post
I uploaded the epub file here to fix any errors
https://kindle-epub-fix.netlify.app/

And it said "No errors detected. Perhaps there are other errors?".
That tool cannot detect and fix TOC problem. (rather, I haven't got time to implement it properly yet).
innocenat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 11:54 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've downloaded the eBook and converted it to KF8 using Calibre and it works prefectly well using the Calibre viewer. Now to delete it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2023, 01:23 PM   #6
archz2
Connoisseur
archz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura aboutarchz2 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan2022 View Post
Just to confirm are you wanting to keep it in epub format? Have you tried from epub to azw3 to epub.
I converted it to azw3 and transferred it through USB but there wasn't any success with the TOC. Didn't convert it back to epub from azw3 though.
Old 09-28-2023, 01:25 PM   #7
archz2
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan2022 View Post
You can use Amazon Kindle send to . It will convert it to kfx with service. Then it should have table contents. Or you could convert to azw3 and copy to kindle using us cable. To verify that it shows first copy converted azw3 file to kindle content folder if you have kindle for pc and open.
I used the Amazon send to kindle service only to transfer the epub file after which I faced issues.
Old 09-28-2023, 01:26 PM   #8
archz2
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've downloaded the eBook and converted it to KF8 using Calibre and it works prefectly well using the Calibre viewer. Now to delete it.
Did you test the resultant mobi file in your Kindle device?
Old 09-28-2023, 07:19 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The file tested okay on my Paperwhite but I've deleted the files due to copyright issues.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 06:54 AM   #10
archz2
Connoisseur

Note to self and anyone else facing this issue.

Today I faced the problem again with another book in epub format. I converted it to azw3 using Calibre and then the resultant azw3 file back to epub. Then I sent it to my device using the online 'send-to-kindle' service. The table of contents got fixed.
Old 11-25-2023, 07:17 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by archz2 View Post
Note to self and anyone else facing this issue.

Today I faced the problem again with another book in epub format. I converted it to azw3 using Calibre and then the resultant azw3 file back to epub. Then I sent it to my device using the online 'send-to-kindle' service. The table of contents got fixed.
Just fix the ToC in the original ePub and don't convert all over the place.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote