Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 05-16-2022, 09:35 AM   #1
jimboy2us
jimboy2us began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/MapleRead SE
Odd Calibre opds server failure mapleread SE/IOS & Calibre 5.42 & 3.48

Anyone Else experienced this or found a fix ?

I am experiencing an odd calibre odds server failure with the combination of

macOS Catalina
Calibre 5.42. OPDS server (default cfg)
Mapleread SE 4.3 /IOS 15.4.1

First let me state that Mapleread is my preferred ebook reader, and this is where the failure point is. I've tried downloading books from calibre opds/server using a different ebook reader known as TiReader. There are no issues.. However as mapleread is my preferred reader.. I am searching for a fix to this odds content download failure.

I believe this to be a combination of mapleread/calibre and most likely OSX Catalina.

detailed description:
1. Mapleread successfully polls and shows a list of ebooks available for download, complete with ebook cover thumbnails.
2. Upon successfully choosing an epub ebook for download.. The download hangs at 0%, and eventually times out with an error. (See screenshot).

3.) I've tried regressing back to calibre 3.42 and have identical behavior, mapleread fails, TiReader is successful.
4.) Th fact that one ebook reader works from the iPad and another does not.. seems to eliminate firewall (Norton) issues and leaves something odd about Catalina.

5.) I should point out that I've no issues with an older Mac running 10.13.6 high Sierra/calibre 3.48.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3239.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	193851  
jimboy2us is offline   Reply With Quote