Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-24-2019, 12:42 PM   #2521
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
So is _Dune_:

https://www.amazon.com/Dune-Frank-He.../dp/B00B7NPRY8
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:43 PM   #2522
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAdams View Post
Worth noting that the Gateway omnibus edition of all 6 “Dune” novels regularly goes on sale at a lower price that this!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2019, 02:22 PM   #2523
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Worth noting that the Gateway omnibus edition of all 6 “Dune” novels regularly goes on sale at a lower price that this!
Yeah it was incredibly cheap when I got it, Of course unavailable in the US, as are most Gateway releases, unless you "travel" to make the purchase.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:43 PM   #2524
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Right on! I skipped the Dune sequels when they were on sale recently. Now I wish I'd picked them up. Ereaderiq, here I come!
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:34 PM   #2525
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The new Neuromance cover is just ugly, isn't it?

Advert
Old 03-25-2019, 09:20 AM   #2526
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I always associate the color green with stinky things.

(Not that there's anything wrong with the color green for being associated with stinky things!)

I'm convinced the Hulk doesn't smell very good. I've never seen him use deodorant.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-25-2019 at 09:22 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:41 AM   #2527
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I always associate the color green with stinky things.

(Not that there's anything wrong with the color green for being associated with stinky things!)

I'm convinced the Hulk doesn't smell very good. I've never seen him use deodorant.
I am one of the 2% of the global population that has green eyes. While they don't work as well as they used to, I'm pretty sure they don't stink. But then maybe I'm just used to it. Damn it! Now I got one more thing to worry about!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:11 AM   #2528
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Neuromancer by William Gibson is $1.99 at Amazon.

An important book and a genuine classic. But to be honest, I've never managed to finish it. I just didn't care for the writing and felt like I read the word 'plastic' thirty times in ten pages.
I agree. I keep thinking that Cyberpunk is a genre I should like but it generally doesn't work for me. About the only exception is Ready Player One and that is all about nostalgia.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:15 AM   #2529
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I am one of the 2% of the global population that has green eyes. While they don't work as well as they used to, I'm pretty sure they don't stink. But then maybe I'm just used to it. Damn it! Now I got one more thing to worry about!
I am convinced you have nothing to worry about. Now, your avatar, on the other hand....
Old 03-25-2019, 10:37 AM   #2530
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Selected Stories by Theodore Sturgeon is $1.99 at Amazon.

Quote:
In Selected Stories, thirteen of Sturgeon’s very best tales have been gathered into one collection: Here are stories of love and darkness, transcendence and obsession, alien contact and human interaction. In the devastating wake of a nuclear holocaust, an actress performs her swan song before a small audience of survivors. A machine is possessed and intent upon destruction. Humankind’s place in the vast cosmos is explored, as is the strange humanity of evil. In the author’s acclaimed story “The Man Who Lost the Sea,” a life is reconstructed in bizarre shattered fragments. And in “Slow Sculpture,” Sturgeon’s award-winning classic, a breast cancer patient surrenders to a healer’s most unorthodox methods. Lyrical, often witty, frequently provocative, and always surprising, Selected Stories covers a wide range of human and inhuman emotion and experience, deftly traversing the borders between science fiction, dark fantasy, and horror.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:53 AM   #2531
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Sturgeon is a wonderful writer, and this is a great price for anyone who does not own the hardback and/or ebook versions of his collected works in 13 (?) volumes.

Did you know that Theodore Sturgeon and Lin Carter were twins separated at birth?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sturgeon.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	170383   Click image for larger version

Name:	Carter.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	170384  
Old 03-25-2019, 02:47 PM   #2532
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Did you know that Theodore Sturgeon and Lin Carter were twins separated at birth?
Lin Carter looks like he liked to dress up as a wizard.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:38 PM   #2533
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Yeah!
Old 03-25-2019, 07:27 PM   #2534
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Annoyingly, despite there having been a bunch of ebook editions, there are typos in _Dune_ on the Kindle at least --- mystified that Amazon doesn't build reporting them into the interface.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:49 PM   #2535
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
...mystified that Amazon doesn't build reporting them into the interface.
They do. Highlight a word or phrase and in the “...” menu there is a choice to report a content error.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote