Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-09-2019, 06:12 PM   #2446
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
FREE:

The Disappeared (A Retrieval Artist Novel, #1) Kristine Kathryn Rusch

-Originally published in 2002 by Penguin/Roc
-Science Fiction/Mystery/Detective

---Smashwords---Not Free at Amazon Canada & Australia when I checked
I love Smashwords and get a lot of books there, but I'd urge caution here. If an ebook is simply offered for FREE, like this one is, then it doesn't count as a purchase. You can add it to your library and have access to it as long as it remains FREE.* If the author changes the price for it at a later date and charges for it, the title will still appear in your library but you won't have access to the book until you buy it. It's the same as if you were browsing for books and added titles to the library for later purchase. I've experienced this myself in the past.

So, if you're going to take advantage of this at Smashwords, download it immediately.

* Note that if the price was reduced to "free" with a 100% off coupon, then that IS a purchase. You have to go through the purchase procedure and apply the coupon code, and the "purchased" book will always be available, in full, in your library.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:25 PM   #2447
WestCactus
Zealot
WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Oasis 1 & 3, Fire 8
The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke [Kindle Edition] $2.99 ~ Amazon

Amazon has The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke [Kindle Edition] for $2.99. You can add the Audible Version for $3.47

https://smile.amazon.com/Collected-S...s%2C200&sr=8-1
WestCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2019, 05:33 AM   #2448
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Record of a Spaceborn Few by Becky Chambers is $1.99 on Amazon.com.

This is the third book in the Wayfarers trilogy.
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:25 AM   #2449
Kieran Seymour
Addict
Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I thought I'd got away with theft after picking this up for £3.99 in the great Hachette omnibus sale of summer 2018.

Dune: The Gateway Collection - Frank Herbert
amazon.co.uk | Kobo | Google Play

Contains Dune, Dune Messiah, Children of Dune, God Emperor of Dune, Heretics of Dune and Chapter House Dune.

99p
Kieran Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:42 PM   #2450
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Outcasts of Order, #20 in the Recluce series by LE Modesitt, is on sale for $2.99 at Amazon US.

I assume this is to help promote book 21, coming out in August. Modesitt's publisher has put whole series on sale prior to a book release in the past, so it's worth keeping an eye on these if you are interested in them.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2019, 06:32 PM   #2451
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran Seymour View Post
I thought I'd got away with theft after picking this up for £3.99 in the great Hachette omnibus sale of summer 2018.

Dune: The Gateway Collection - Frank Herbert

amazon.co.uk | Kobo | Google Play

Contains Dune, Dune Messiah, Children of Dune, God Emperor of Dune, Heretics of Dune and Chapter House Dune.

99p
Got this one, thank you! 😊
Number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:57 PM   #2452
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennD View Post
Outcasts of Order, #20 in the Recluce series by LE Modesitt, is on sale for $2.99 at Amazon US.

I assume this is to help promote book 21, coming out in August. Modesitt's publisher has put whole series on sale prior to a book release in the past, so it's worth keeping an eye on these if you are interested in them.
This is one of the series I am willing to pay full price for when it is first released. I highly recommend this series and $2.99 is a good price.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:13 PM   #2453
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle is $2.99 at Amazon.

Quote:
It was a dark and stormy night; Meg Murry, her small brother Charles Wallace, and her mother had come down to the kitchen for a midnight snack when they were upset by the arrival of a most disturbing stranger.

"Wild nights are my glory," the unearthly stranger told them. "I just got caught in a downdraft and blown off course. Let me sit down for a moment, and then I'll be on my way. Speaking of ways, by the way, there is such a thing as a tesseract."

A tesseract (in case the reader doesn't know) is a wrinkle in time. To tell more would rob the reader of the enjoyment of Miss L'Engle's unusual book. A Wrinkle in Time, winner of the Newbery Medal in 1963, is the story of the adventures in space and time of Meg, Charles Wallace, and Calvin O'Keefe (athlete, student, and one of the most popular boys in high school). They are in search of Meg's father, a scientist who disappeared while engaged in secret work for the government on the tesseract problem.

A Wrinkle in Time is the winner of the 1963 Newbery Medal. It is the first book in The Time Quintet, which consists of A Wrinkle in Time, A Wind in the Door, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, Many Waters, and An Acceptable Time.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 01:52 AM   #2454
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
In the Amazon.co.uk Spring Sale (ends 22/04/2019):

Rosewater, by Tade Thompsom (Wormwood Trilogy 1) is 99p REPEAT
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rosewater-W...280755&sr=1-54

Under the Pendulum Sun, by Jeannette Ng is 99p REPEAT
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Under-Pendu...81331&sr=1-335

Dune: The Gateway Collection, by Frank Herbert is 99p REPEAT
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dune-Gatewa...81260&sr=1-274
Omnibus of Dune, Dune Messiah, Children of Dune, God Emperor of Dune, Heretics of Dune, and Chapter House Dune

The Book of Three, by Lloyd Alexander (Chronicles of Prydain 1) is £1.29
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Book-Three-...81220&sr=1-260

Daughter of the Forest, by Juliet Marillier (Sevenwaters Trilogy 1 - except there's 6 books in the trilogy) is £1.49
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Daughter-Fo...81185&sr=1-246

Oddjobs, by Heide Goody & Iain Grant (Oddjobs 1) is 99p REPEAT
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oddjobs-Hei...81185&sr=1-245

The Tea Master and the Detective, by Aliette de Bodard is 99p REPEAT
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tea-Master-...81107&sr=1-203

The Martian Chronicles, by Ray Bradbury is 99p REPEAT
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Martian-Chr...80956&sr=1-155

The Hollow Hills, by Mary Stewart (Arthurian Saga 2) is 99p REPEAT
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hollow-Hill...80919&sr=1-142

Charmcaster, by Sebastien de Castell (Spellslinger 3)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spellslinge...280817&sr=1-93

The Cruel Prince, by Holly Black (Folk of the Air 1) is 98p
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cruel-Princ...2280636&sr=1-7
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:10 AM   #2455
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Brain Wave by Poul Anderson is $1.99 at Amazon. I read this one several years back and remember really enjoying it.

Quote:
As Earth passes out of a magnetic field that has suppressed intelligence for eons, the mental capacity for all mammals increases exponentially, radically changing the structures of society.

A mentally impaired farm worker finds himself capable of more delicate and intelligent thoughts than he ever dreamed. A young boy on holiday manages to discern the foundations of calculus before breakfast. Animals that were seen as livestock and pets can now communicate clearly with their owners and one another. And an already brilliant physics researcher now uses his boundless intellect to bring humankind to the stars—even as his wife plunges into an existential crisis. For all of them, the world will never be the same . . .
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:36 PM   #2456
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
Seveneves by Neal Stephenson is $1.99 at Amazon.com
Quote:
From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Anathem, Reamde, and Cryptonomicon comes an exciting and thought-provoking science fiction epic—a grand story of annihilation and survival spanning five thousand years.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:51 PM   #2457
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section8 View Post
The highly rated as helpful negative reviews are kind of scary.

Does anyone have any comments? (I'm not put off by the "too technical" criticisms, but the rest of them are, well, scary.)

I liked his "In the beginning was the command line" and have snagged some of his books on sale, but haven't read any of them yet.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:57 PM   #2458
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
The highly rated as helpful negative reviews are kind of scary.

Does anyone have any comments? (I'm not put off by the "too technical" criticisms, but the rest of them are, well, scary.)

I liked his "In the beginning was the command line" and have snagged some of his books on sale, but haven't read any of them yet.
I enjoyed Seveneves as well as Stephenson's other work. I think most people are thrown off by the total shift of gears about 2/3 of the way through.

For $1.99 I think its a no-brainer. Oh and I just looked at the most helpful critical review by a "Don Tyler" and it was pretty spoilerish.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:54 AM   #2459
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
The Quantum Magician by Derek Künsken is $1.99 on Amazon.com.

This is the first part of a series, with the sequel coming out soon.

Quote:
THE ULTIMATE HEIST

Belisarius is a Homo quantus, engineered with impossible insight. But his gift is also a curse—an uncontrollable, even suicidal drive to know, to understand. Genetically flawed, he leaves his people to find a different life, and ends up becoming
the galaxy’s greatest con man and thief.

But the jobs are getting too easy and his extraordinary brain is chafing at the neglect. When a client offers him untold wealth to move a squadron of secret warships across an enemy wormhole, Belisarius jumps at it. Now he must embrace his true nature to pull off the job, alongside a crew of extraordinary men and women.

If he succeeds, he could trigger an interstellar war… or the next step in human evolution.
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:08 AM   #2460
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty-horse View Post
The Quantum Magician by Derek Künsken is $1.99 on Amazon.com.

This is the first part of a series, with the sequel coming out soon.
I read this when serialised in Analog (or Asimov's, but I think it was Analog). Highly recommended.

Ah - I see it's also on offer at £1.99 at Amazon UK. Another one added to my TBR - I wonder how much it's changed from the serialisation?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote