Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 04:20 AM   #256
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:43 AM   #257
Martronics
Martronics began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have images for both. You need the correct one for them to work. The model number should be near the USB port. It's probably also on the board inside, but, I don't have one to look.
I have confirmed that it is the N647
Advert
Old 04-26-2019, 07:54 AM   #258
Martronics
Martronics began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Thanks a million Davidfor
Old 05-17-2019, 04:39 PM   #259
Jamesgsf
Jamesgsf began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo and glo HD
Hello

I need kobo glo HD .img bacup file please your send me?

thank you very much
Old 05-17-2019, 06:59 PM   #260
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.

And a record for a while. A visitor message and two posts (neither in the appropriate thread) in 33 minutes. I can't for the life of me work out why people keep thinking that multiple requests over a short period of time will actually get a faster response. It doesn't. And it means I spend time either sending multiple responses, or working out if I have already replied.

Just one post, and give me a chance to reply.
Advert
Old 05-19-2019, 12:14 AM   #261
BrassicaOleracea
BrassicaOleracea began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905B
Kobo Touch N905B

David, I'm a 'newbie' just registered, but reasonably familiar with my Kobo Touch N905B. However it's now 'bricked'. Can you assist? I'm familiar with carefully opening my Kobo & accessing the internal SD card. I'm comfortable with Linux & currently am running Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon on 2 units. I'm familiar with firmware updating & editing KoboReader.sqlite. Thanks in advance. I live in NSW on the Central Coast - I've been retired for nearly 7 years. I love my Kobo. Cheers! BO.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:37 AM   #262
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same. Somewhere in there is the dd command to do the restore in Linux.

I'm also on the Central Coast. One of the many commuting into Sydney each day.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:43 AM   #263
Tmaboul
Tmaboul began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hello

My Kobo Glo HD is out of order
May I get the .img backup file, please ?

Thank you
Old 05-19-2019, 08:56 PM   #264
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:14 AM   #265
kuboss11
kuboss11 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hi

tonight my Kobo Clara HD bricked on me.
I wanted to try to manually insert firmware to .kobo file, but it seems that my win machine does not recognize the sd card. either it was damaged, or something went wrong somehow, because it sees it as RAW medium.
I don't want to format it really just in case, you know, warranty and stuff, but I have some spare microsd on hand, so I was thinking about flashing that card.

does anyone here have any knowledge how to access that RAW sd card in win10? (alternatively something like hirens or such, I am not too familiar with linux, nor would I be very happy to go down that rabbit hole to repair my brick just now)

if not, could somebody *ehm*point*ehm* me towards the flash files, so I can try to run it from new sd card, please?

any help will be much appreciated
Old 06-07-2019, 08:14 AM   #266
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent with link to the imaged.

For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:50 AM   #267
kuboss11
kuboss11 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I had some kerfuffle wit convincing the reader to connect to the original account, but I decided to connect it via gmail then and it worked nicely.

thank you very much, you helped a lot and my brick is not a brick anymore again
Old 06-07-2019, 09:50 AM   #268
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuboss11 View Post
but it seems that my win machine does not recognize the sd card. either it was damaged, or something went wrong somehow, because it sees it as RAW medium.
Windows will need not be able to mount that SD card since the card has multiple positions.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2019, 06:36 PM   #269
vovkat
vovkat began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo n613
kobo glo (n613) .img need

Hello all

Could someone send me the kobo glo (n613) .img? I have lost my SD card.

thank you very much
Old 06-24-2019, 08:15 PM   #270
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Closed Thread