Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #106
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As to the actual change, I can understand it as a design choice. But, I think that near the edges of the screen are the best places to tap for turning the page. Especially one handed. That makes using that area for anything else questionable.
Yes. And by far the greatest interaction a user will have with their ereader is page-turning. Ease and simplicity of page-turning should be prioritised over all other interactions.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #107
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
And here's me still bringing up the missed page tap followed by the double turn issue. The only release that did not suffer from this for me was 2.9.0.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #108
monry
monry began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightyume View Post
That is bizarre. It's not region dependent since my Glo was from Canada but located in Mexico and updated to 2.8.x back in the summer before it died.

Well, eventually there will be a firmware download available here if all goes well and you should be able to upgrade it yourself manually
It's region dependent. After a while of searching the web I looked on the eReader memory and there is a file: affiliate.conf. When I've opened it there was affiliate=RakutenIchiba. I don't know if this is Japanese affiliate or International one, but I've contacted Kobo technical support and they told me that my proper affiliate is just Kobo. I've replaced RakutenIchiba with Kobo in this file and at the first sync it updated to 2.8.1
monry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #109
victorgoh
victorgoh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, iPad Air, Universal Book Reader Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by monry View Post
It's region dependent. After a while of searching the web I looked on the eReader memory and there is a file: affiliate.conf. When I've opened it there was affiliate=RakutenIchiba. I don't know if this is Japanese affiliate or International one, but I've contacted Kobo technical support and they told me that my proper affiliate is just Kobo. I've replaced RakutenIchiba with Kobo in this file and at the first sync it updated to 2.8.1
Thanks for the tip. I did the same and got my Kobo Glo updated from 2.6.0 to 2.8.1.
victorgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #110
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by monry View Post
Congrats

It never occurred to me that there would be a Rakuten specific, logo free version though it makes sense as they are the owners of Kobo so no need to advertise themselves.

Though the strange thing is that their version would be so far behind
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #111
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
I changed the affiliate conf from fnac to kobo to allow the display of the book cover when powered off or in sleep mode, but still no update here in France for me so I wonder if the update rolling is really linked with this file.
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #112
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi vice-versa. I'm in France to and have no upgrade on my Glo since the 2.8.1. I've tried with the sync directly on my Glo and through Kobo desktop.

My affiliate has always been "kobo".
Anghirrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #113
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Updates are still being rolled out slowly; so just be patient and wait
Old 11-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #114
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghirrim View Post
Hi vice-versa. I'm in France to and have no upgrade on my Glo since the 2.8.1. I've tried with the sync directly on my Glo and through Kobo desktop.

My affiliate has always been "kobo".
I'm in the US and my Glo is still stuck on 2.8.1 also. Customer chat told me to do a factory reset. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the nuisance.

Does 2.10 play well with Calibre? If my Calibre tags will shelve my books as they do on my Sonys, I'd go ahead.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #115
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I know that (and what possibly do appart waiting ? ) I answered about the time of the roll out being or not linked with the content of the affiliate.conf file
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #116
jeather
Enthusiast
jeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Glo
I tried to complain to the person in chat. I'm also going to figure out where to send an email, because the guy was an idiot.

Time to downgrade. Which version doesn't do this? 2.8.0? 2.8.1?
jeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #117
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Kobo have said that this update will only go to the Glo, Aura and Aura HD. They are working on updates for the Mini and Touch, but I have no idea when it will be out.

Thanks for the info.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #118
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Currently there is nothing you can do to speed up the process.

Kobo stage the upgrades by reseller of the device.

Additionally this is only releases for Glo, Aura and Aura HD.

When people discover the URL for the image, then you will have the option to sideload the code.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #119
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
So I should stop holding my breath?
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #120
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nihilism View Post
So I should stop holding my breath?
But you look so lovely with that mauve complexion!

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote