Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-29-2020, 10:10 AM   #151
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsam View Post
Hello. I get the following when I click the manage series button.
I can't duplicate that error. What were you doing at the time, and what series values did the book(s) have?
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:16 AM   #152
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I'm able to replicate it, with Calibre 5.0.1 (x64) and Manage Series 1.2.10.

Activated it from the book context menu, got same error on books both with and without series.

Zero idea if it may be relevant, but here's my settings for the series_index_auto_increment tweak:

Code:
# Auto increment series index

series_index_auto_increment = 'const'

use_series_auto_increment_tweak_when_importing = False
Error log:

Spoiler:
Code:
calibre, version 5.0.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

calibre 5.0.1 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Calibre Power Search Plugin (1, 6, 0) && Clean Comments (0, 1, 0) && Count Pages (1, 10, 0) && Drop Search Results (1, 0, 10) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 5, 0) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 11, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && FanFicFare (3, 23, 9) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 4, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 5) && Find Duplicates (1, 7, 2) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 25) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Import List (1, 5, 1) && Job Spy (1, 0, 184) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 11, 5) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 2, 15) && Library Codes (1, 0, 47) && Manage Series (1, 2, 10) && Modify ePub (1, 5, 3) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 84) && Open With (1, 5, 12) && Quality Check (1, 10, 1) && Reading List (1, 6, 13) && Save To Format (0, 0, 6) && View Manager (1, 5, 7)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.manage_series.action", line 53, in manage_series
  File "calibre_plugins.manage_series.action", line 104, in get_selected_books
  File "calibre_plugins.manage_series.book", line 32, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.manage_series.book", line 16, in get_indent_for_index
IndexError: list index out of range
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2020, 11:43 AM   #153
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update: Removing Manage Series and re-downloading it resolved the issue.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:50 AM   #154
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Test Version Attached

Changelog:
Version 1.2.11 - 29 Sep 2020
Better more compatibility with Python 3

Two important things about this:
  1. A book in the library that has never had a series set comes up a little differently than one that had a series at one time, but doesn't anymore. That's why I didn't see it at first.
  2. In Python2, you could compare any two values or variables and value None (of type NoneType) was considered 'less' than anything you compared it with. Python3 incompatibly changed that to 'you can't compare None to anything.
So I, thinking I was clever, changed where this plugin returned None as a default series index to float(-inf), so that it would still be 'less than anything else'.

That's when another pythonic habit bit me--None is always considered False when used in a boolean (as is 0 and empty string('')), so it's common to just do "if var:"

But "if float(-inf):" evaluates to True. Thereby changing the behavior.

So this version returned 0 where it used to be None instead of float(-inf).

Last edited by theducks; 09-30-2020 at 01:01 PM. Reason: moved PI to production
Old 09-29-2020, 01:23 PM   #155
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I seem to remember having a similar issue with Reading List, where trying to have it change my bool #read column just cleared it if tristate bools were enabled.
Advert
Old 09-30-2020, 08:59 AM   #156
Minsam
Minsam began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New Test Version Attached

Changelog:
Version 1.2.11 - 29 Sep 2020
Better more compatibility with Python 3

Two important things about this:
  1. A book in the library that has never had a series set comes up a little differently than one that had a series at one time, but doesn't anymore. That's why I didn't see it at first.
  2. In Python2, you could compare any two values or variables and value None (of type NoneType) was considered 'less' than anything you compared it with. Python3 incompatibly changed that to 'you can't compare None to anything.
So I, thinking I was clever, changed where this plugin returned None as a default series index to float(-inf), so that it would still be 'less than anything else'.

That's when another pythonic habit bit me--None is always considered False when used in a boolean (as is 0 and empty string('')), so it's common to just do "if var:"

But "if float(-inf):" evaluates to True. Thereby changing the behavior.

So this version returned 0 where it used to be None instead of float(-inf).
Working now. Thanks.
Minsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 11:17 AM   #157
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Okay, thanks.

Could some kind mod please move the test version in my earlier post to the first post? Thanks.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:57 AM   #158
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version

2022-01-12

- Changes for upcoming Qt6 Calibre

This version contains changes necessary for the upcoming Qt6 Calibre version.

I haven't tested against every version, but this should still be backward compatible to v2.85.1 and newer.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-22-2022 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version
Old 01-22-2022, 11:43 AM   #159
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 1.3.0 - 22 Jan 2022
- Bump Minimum Calibre version to 2.85.1
- Changes for upcoming Qt6 Calibre
Old 07-30-2022, 11:00 AM   #160
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version

2022-07-30
- Use cal6 icon theme system to allow plugin icon customization--but don't require pluginname/images/

Last edited by JimmXinu; 08-02-2022 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version
Old 08-02-2022, 10:30 AM   #161
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 1.4.0 - 2022-08-02
- Use cal6 icon theme system to allow plugin icon customization
Old 10-16-2022, 12:45 PM   #162
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Manage Series v1.5.0 Released

Release Notes:
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr..._series-v1.5.0
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 03:03 AM   #163
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Manage Series v1.5.1 Released

Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr..._series-v1.5.1
Old 02-01-2024, 10:02 AM   #164
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Hi, I bumped into an error that feels familiar:

I selected 3 contiguous books in the middle of a series of ten and used the "Move books down" arrow button to move them to the end of the series.

Which was fine until I clicked "Move books down" again when already at the bottom, then I got this error:
Code:
calibre, version 7.4.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

calibre 7.4  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Action Chains (1, 19, 3) && ColumnSum (2, 2, 0) && Count Pages (1, 13, 4) && Editor Chains (1, 1, 4) && EpubMerge (2, 17, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 6, 0) && FanFicFare (4, 30, 10) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 8) && Generate Cover (2, 3, 3) && Jimms Editor Addons (0, 0, 1) && Manage Series (1, 5, 1) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 2) && Quality Check (1, 13, 8) && Reading List (1, 15, 1) && ScrambleEbook (0, 6, 0) && SmartEject (2, 5, 0) && SpacerName (0, 0, 2) && SplitMergeNew (0, 3, 0) && View Manager (1, 10, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.manage_series.dialogs", line 718, in move_rows_down
IndexError: list index out of range
This only appears to happen when I select a book higher on the list first, then select lower books with shift-click or shift/ctrl click each individually. If I select lowermost book, then shift-click uppermost, it doesn't happen.

I'm not seeing this happen going up regardless of selection order.

I would suspect it's related to Qt returning the selected rows in the order selected by the user.

It came up a while back for Reading List, but I thought I addressed it everywhere at the time...
Old 02-13-2024, 10:51 AM   #165
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Hi, I bumped into an error that feels familiar:
Hi JimmXinu - yeah I can see your fix in the Manage Series code, clearly something isn't right. EDIT: Yeah I see the problem, the fix wasnt implemented the same way, I will sort it out...

Last edited by kiwidude; 02-13-2024 at 10:57 AM.

Tags
manage series