Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #1
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Its My Birthday Next Week

Its my birthday next week and I have no idea what I want. Ill be turning 21, but I don't drink so any age related gifts are out.

I have 3-4 people who want to spend some money on me and I don't know what to ask for

I'm Set for Media (like books and dvds and the sort) anything that I've found I needed I've bought.

I like Fun toys. Gagets, games, and things.

any ideas welcome. I'm hoping there is something I missed. something I just don't know about. and will want instantly.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Happy Early Birthday!
I don't know about anything new and cool you might have missed, so I'm just going to suggest that you have them take you out for a nice dinner.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
A scalectrix set .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:59 AM   #4
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
A scalectrix set .....
I actually remember something like that when I was a kid. was in a store or something. theyhad a bunch of them, maybe it was like a pool hall, anyway, its something my father did with us, and I would rather not remember anything about the abusive SOB.

anyway. I found this cool site.

Thinkgeek.com

and I told my girlfriend to get me

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/science/bbe8/
http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/cubegoodies/b6e6/
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/bcd0/

my girlfriend is actually thanking me that I told her some stuff, she thinks it hard to buy me stuff. its really not. just get me a toy for my birthday. something I would never get for myself.... like I would buy a $35 pen for myself.

and I told a friend to get me (last one I've got left)

http://www.xheli.com/1822c6-grey.html

my step father said he will give me an IOU

and my mom said she will surprise me by dropping my girlfriend and I at an Undisclosed Location in Manhattan some time next week (I'm guessing Comedy Club. but it really could be anything)

and based on my WAG about a comedy club. she said near the bridge, and the only one that poped up on google maps was http://www.dangerfields.com/index.html

and since they have a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday Coupon, and she said those days specifically. that's probably it (I will check in and say if my guess is right.. and if I am ill be sure to show her this post)
Old 06-17-2009, 04:09 AM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
Its my birthday next week and I have no idea what I want. Ill be turning 21, but I don't drink so any age related gifts are out.

I have 3-4 people who want to spend some money on me and I don't know what to ask for

I'm Set for Media (like books and dvds and the sort) anything that I've found I needed I've bought.

I like Fun toys. Gagets, games, and things.

any ideas welcome. I'm hoping there is something I missed. something I just don't know about. and will want instantly.
You lost me at "fun toys, gadgets, games and things," but happy early birthday!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 07:05 AM   #6
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Happy Early Birthday!!

How about a netbook?
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
Andybaby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphapheemail View Post
Happy Early Birthday!!

How about a netbook?
I just bought a full size Laptop less than a few months ago. I had an EEE 7" 4g since it launched and gave it to my girlfriend for school. I found an Ipod touch can replace a netbook pretty easily. atleast for the functions I use it for, and I never use my itouch anyway.

they are cool though. and the new Seashells from asus look really nice.

and shes just about to get here. I gotta go.

thanks for the wishes
Old 06-20-2009, 02:09 AM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Are we there yet? Is it time now? Did you figure out what you wanted? Did you get a surprise? How about IR headphones? OK, how about now? Is it time now?

I have a hard time waiting. It's even harder when I have to do the waiting for someone else.

Just in case...Happy 21st!!

What day is the official 21st Birthday?

Click image for larger version

Name:	birthday005.gif
Views:	196
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	30991
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #9
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Did I miss it? I hope it was a great birthday!
(21, huh? Your avatar makes me think that you are way older than that. And all of your sage advice!)
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #10
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Happy b-day.

The Buckyballs are a trip. They make a 6 x 6 x 6 cube and are great to play with on a video conference where they are just out of camera range on the desk and everyone watching you thinks you are busy writing or reviewing notes of the meeting or preping your next remark. The other one I like is the Ball of Whacks.

The micro tools are fun for a while. They are too heavy to be confortable in your pockets and too lightweight to do heavy work with them. Mine now live in the center console of my car and haven't been touched in years.

If you can't find a Sea Monkey kit, the Triops Deluxe Kit is a good choice. Or maybe a modern day ant farm.

If you are stuck in a cube at the office or just work in a crazy place, the Airzooka air gun is always a good choice.

Have fun and do tell us what new loot you picked up on your birthday.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:23 PM   #11
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Happy birthday AndyBaby!

So, what's the gift? I want to know too!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:18 AM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Happy Birthday whenever it was .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote