Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-22-2019, 03:44 AM   #1
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
integration with pocket ?

i see my new kobo has this feature

a quick google suggests its a bit like the send to Kindle system that I have used before, but I have to create a pocket account, add a browser extension...

I am asking here for feedback from others who use it with Kobo readers e.g. how useful is it, do you then leave the kobo wifi on so that it will always sync new stuff, what impact does that have on battery life...

I dont know for sure if all the Kobo range has this, or only some of teh newer models.
I tried searching for "pocket" in this forum but there was no obvious discussion thread - if I missed one, please point me at it
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 04:36 AM   #2
HolyAura
Groupie
HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
It's pretty useful. Once you have the browser extension, there will be an add to pocket button when you enter the web. Click and it, and it will send to your ereader within half a minute. It's pretty convenient.
HolyAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2019, 04:48 AM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyAura View Post
It's pretty useful. Once you have the browser extension, there will be an add to pocket button when you enter the web. Click and it, and it will send to your ereader within half a minute. It's pretty convenient.
if reader wifi is off, will it appear next time reader wifi is turned on ?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 04:55 AM   #4
mkeles84
Enthusiast
mkeles84 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura/Glo/Kindle PW2
It works well. You can get information with this link.
Some web pages do not load to Kobo ereader, sometimes only links are created. I paste it into telegra.ph website and then throw it into pocket.
Also you can set up news rss with pocket, so all news comes to the reader when wi-fi is on.

Last edited by mkeles84; 12-22-2019 at 04:57 AM.
mkeles84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 10:50 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Every time the Kobo is synced (either via WiFi or Desktop) new Pocket articles will be synced. Note that it ONKY syncs articles; some web pages are added to Pocket as just URLs and not the contents; those will not be synced.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2019, 06:45 PM   #6
mtreader
Connoisseur
mtreader began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Nova 2, Kobo Clara
The battery drain from synching/downloading articles of less than 50pp is tiny. If you read many articles and would rather do so on your ereader than computer screen, you will LOVE Pocket + Kobo. I'd have bought a Pocketbook Inkpad 3 instead of Kobo Clara if they integrated with Pocket instead of their own system.
mtreader is offline   Reply With Quote