Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 08-12-2018, 04:11 AM   #1
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Doubt about nav.xhtml and editor

Hi,

The new books with EPUB3 format (allegedly) usually includes a "nav.xtml" or similar file with links to the files in the book (it looks like another toc). If I rename a file in the editor, the file is renamed inside this document. If I remove it, however, it is not removed into the document and the check gives error.

Is it as intended? Is it a bug? Doesn't it matter? (A bit OCD, I don't like errors).

Thank your very much
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:34 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I downgrade the book to EPUB 2 (in the OPF) if I remove the NAV which is required for 3
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2018, 04:40 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I downgrade the book to EPUB 2 (in the OPF) if I remove the NAV which is required for 3
That's my usual manual route (change 3.0 by 2.0 in opf and remove NAV). This time, without removing, I've seen that. So, I wanted to know if there is an automatic way to keep in 3 (or an automatic way to downgrade to 2 in the same way that there is an automatic way to upgrade to 3 )

Please, keep away defenders of EPUB3, people saying that you can ignore the errors and so on. No theological discussion, please
Old 08-12-2018, 11:28 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm confused, what are you asking? As far as I know toc entries are not automatically removed for either ncx files or nav.xhtml files when you delete files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:44 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

From ncx, unless I'm very wrong, yes, they are removed. And the rename of the files changes the name in nav.xhtml and to ncx. So, I was asking about removing in nav.xhtml.

Anyway, I'll make some more tests.
Advert
Old 08-12-2018, 11:51 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If that is indeed the case, then it is likely a bug, open a bug report about it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote