Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 03:35 PM   #61
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Moody View Post
It looks like they're doing one of those sales at the moment; I just got an e-mail with a "use 4 credits, get $10" offer. From the small print in the e-mail:

No idea if it'll work for people who didn't get the e-mail.
I just got this same offer, time-stamped exactly 20 minutes after I used my last two credits. I used two additional credits yesterday. Grrr.

I'm going to call them up and see if at least the two I used today can count. I feel like returning the four books and rebuying them.

ETA: After a lengthy phone call, with most of the time spent on hold, Audible gave me a $10 coupon.

Last edited by Catlady; 09-24-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:29 PM   #62
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I spent the two credits I had earlier this morning. My Dune collection is now up to date. I'm now back to zero, so I'll cancel this promo in a few weeks.
Advert
Old 09-24-2014, 07:16 PM   #63
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Moody View Post
It looks like they're doing one of those sales at the moment; I just got an e-mail with a "use 4 credits, get $10" offer. From the small print in the e-mail:

No idea if it'll work for people who didn't get the e-mail.
Wahoo I got it too ! That's exactly what I was waiting for
Old 09-24-2014, 08:01 PM   #64
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Jenga5238:

Welcome aboard.

Tubemonkey spoke of the "OP" in a post above. OP = Opening Page (the opening page of this thread).

I didn't know what that meant for the longest time after I became a member and felt like people would think that I wuz stoopid if I asked. (regardless of whether or not I am stupid, I didn't want everyone to know about it if I was. hahah).
Old 09-24-2014, 10:03 PM   #65
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Tubemonkey spoke of the "OP" in a post above. OP = Opening Page (the opening page of this thread).
Huh. What do you know. I always thought it meant "original poster".
Advert
Old 09-24-2014, 10:37 PM   #66
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
It does. Original/Originating Poster & Original Post are the two common meanings.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:43 PM   #67
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It does. Original/Originating Poster & Original Post are the two common meanings.
I confuseded peeplz; AO has it right

I use it to mean the original post; ie, post #1.

Gather round, bananas are on me
Old 09-25-2014, 09:13 AM   #68
Jenga5238
Enthusiast
Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle, iPhone
That's hilarious - that all were confused about OP! I've been watching this thread since the beginning of the year and it's made audiobooks a much less expensive endeavor than I had first feared it would become! Thanks for saving me (and many others) a large quantity of money team!
Old 09-25-2014, 12:35 PM   #69
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
YW; but when you do, be sure and check the OP for a list of active membership offers

Membership Offers - Active
Thanks...I recently cancelled a trial membership I got with a SWAGBUCKS offer and tried another last week and No-Go...the TWiT promo (Platinum) membership above worked for me though

Now I can start a Wicked Collection for my mother

Last edited by gabby98; 09-25-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:02 PM   #70
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Et al.
Et al.
Et al.

Ack! Well, at least it got me to the place that I needed to be each time. And, now the (correct) information is in the archives (if it wasn't before) and people who don't know what "OP" means might be able to do a search of the archives, if they're so inclined, to find out what it means.

Genuine thanks to all who corrected me.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 09-25-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #71
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga5238 View Post
That's hilarious - that all were confused about OP! I've been watching this thread since the beginning of the year and it's made audiobooks a much less expensive endeavor than I had first feared it would become! Thanks for saving me (and many others) a large quantity of money team!
I think that we've all saved a lot of money, Jenga.

The biggest advantage, to me, is that I learn of (become aware of) great free or cheap titles that I end up finding out that I want to have! I wouldn't have known about them, at least so soon, if it weren't for the forums. Of course, that sometimes ends up making me spend more money--not less--on audiobooks than I would have otherwise!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 09-25-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:38 AM   #72
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I confuseded peeplz; AO has it right

I use it to mean the original post; ie, post #1.

Gather round, bananas are on me

But I do know that "Opie" was a character on the Andy Griffith Show. Of that I'm fairly certain.

I'll pass on the bananas. I've come to the conclusion that it causes hairiness and walking on your knuckles. Karma headed your way because of the offer, though.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:24 AM   #73
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

ChristianAudio Free Audiobook of the Month -- exp 31 Oct
Quote:
When you get married, you expect your relationship to be a partnership in which you make decisions and face the world together, united. But often a husband's perspective and a wife's perspective on the same issue can be very different and unity in decision making can be tough. Should spouses take turns getting their way? Should they compromise? Can they avoid making decisions altogether? Dr. Harley says there's a better way--a way in which both partners get what they want and believe is best every time.
Other titles on sale ($4.98) by Dr Harley -- exp 31 Oct
  • His Needs, Her Needs
  • Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders
  • Love Busters
  • I Promise You
  • His Needs, Her Needs
  • Surviving an Affair
  • Fall in Love, Stay in Love
  • Give & Take
Old 10-01-2014, 03:30 AM   #74
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

LearnOutLoud Free Audiobook of the Month -- exp 31 Oct
Quote:
Frederick Van Rensselaer Dey's "The Magic Story" is a brief 2 part fable within a story of one starving artist's emotional transformation after coming across the power embedded in a simple parable. The story caused a sensation when it it first appeared in Success magazine in 1900 and has proven to be a durable self-help classic to the present day. Described as a fairy-tale for adults, the main tenants proposed here are the importance of maintaining a positive attitude, and the value of perseverance in the face of life's many challenges.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:14 AM   #75
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Note: the Ford Audiobook Club free audiobook of the month won't be released until mid-October.

Quote:
And the third free audiobook will be…

We’re so excited that so many of you are eagerly awaiting Book 3 in the Ford Audiobook Club. We’re happy to announce that Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng will be our new audiobook, free to all Ford Audiobook Club members! It will be released in mid-October, so add it to your bookshelf now to be first on the waiting list when it’s released.
Closed Thread

Tags
audible