Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
rahulm
Zealot
rahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: None
Quick question: Does the Nook not display sideloaded content under "new reads"?

I see screenshots of the Nook Touch with about 3-4 books displayed under the "new reads" section on the homepage.

Right now, I'm using the SD card with the 30 free ebooks along with a few of my own sideloaded epubs. None of those show on the homepage.
rahulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #2
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Mine doesn't display sideloaded content, either. I have about 50 epubs loaded onto the device memory (no SD card) and, even though they're more recent than my BN books in the library, they don't show in the new reads. Interesting.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2011, 11:52 PM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulm View Post
I see screenshots of the Nook Touch with about 3-4 books displayed under the "new reads" section on the homepage.

Right now, I'm using the SD card with the 30 free ebooks along with a few of my own sideloaded epubs. None of those show on the homepage.
Unfortunately only purchased items show in the most recent list. As a result, I never go to the Home screen, it is a waste of space as far as I'm concerned.

If B&N had my sideloaded books showing there, I would go there and, who knows, I might find something interesting in the suggestions and buy it. As it is, 0 change of selling me anything.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote