Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
brauckmiller
Edge User

Reposting my USB Ehernet question

Ok, for some reason, my first post asking about USB to Ethernet didn't pass the moderator or something happened on the website or the stars didn't align or whatever.

Is there anything special about Entourage's Ethernet adapter? Can I use any usb to ethernet adapter given the Entourage says they are out of stock on the store's web site?

Thanks

Craig

Old 04-26-2010, 12:13 PM   #2
VenturingSoul
Edge User

Boris,

I'm not so sure that enTourage is providing a special driver. Maybe so, but what I found is that the adapter that works is listed as compatible with the Linux 2.6.x kernel. All the others that I tried which did not work only were known compatible with Windows. So, it is possible that any 3rd party adapter with built in Linux compatibility will work.

Joe

Advert
Old 07-29-2010, 07:28 AM   #3
edtng2
Edge User

Hi Boris,
I bought a third party USB-ethernet adapter, and it came with a disc for installing the drivers.
For linux application, the disc contains the following files -- .mii.mod.o.d; sr9600.c; sr9600.h; and a sketch map of the instructions on what to do. There are 4 image files of the instructions given in the disc. There are no exe files in the linux app.
Now, I tried to copy these files to a USB and then put it into the Edge, but couldn't open any of the files.
Any idea on what to do, or any suggestion? The adapter works fine in my desktop PC.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:20 AM   #4
nprnncbl
Edge User

You would need to compile those files to a kernel module, which I'm afraid is no small task. You would need to set up the android development environment or another cross-compiler. You also need the linux kernel source code, as it is configured for android; I don't know if this is included in the dev kit or not.