Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-07-2020, 04:27 PM   #1
killo3967
killo3967 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Lost author and series index

Hi all.

I am new to this forum so please be lenient with me.

Today, after a big pc crash, i open calibre and i could see that the index of authors and de index of the series were replaced by numbers.

Then i restore the last backup but nothing change.

Does anyone know if these indices can be recovered ?

Thanks in advance,
killo3967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 04:39 PM   #2
killo3967

This is who it's looks now

[IMG][/IMG]

And inside diferents authors

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by killo3967; 09-07-2020 at 04:44 PM.
killo3967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 04:51 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Down at the bottom of the Tag Browser: click the crossed tools: Sort By: NAME
(you have 'number of books' currently )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 06:55 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Go to Preferences / Look & feel. Click the Tag Browser tab. Change the "Category partitioning method" to "Disabled".
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 07:08 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Go to Preferences / Look & feel. Click the Tag Browser tab. Change the "Category partitioning method" to "Disabled".
Ah-ha - I have a very minor glitch with my Media library Tag Browser, viz:-

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-09-09 084838.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	181837

Note this oddity only happens to the Formats category in my Media Library and the Identifiers category in my Books library - but not Vikki Verca.

I just tried changing the "Category partitioning method" to "Disabled"; et voila, the spurious unlabelled Formats category icon disappeared. I haven't checked Identifiers in Books; I've fixed it - by hiding the Identifiers category

It is has no apparent consequences, more of a curiosity than a glitch even.

Any suggestions, I think I already tried rebuilding the database.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 05:20 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Ah-ha - I have a very minor glitch with my Media library Tag Browser, viz:
[...]
Any suggestions, I think I already tried rebuilding the database.

BR
This is a bug. Found it, fixed it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 05:08 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
This is a bug. Found it, fixed it.
- sorted by not sorting thanks.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 03:40 PM   #8
killo3967

Thumbs up Fixed