Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-15-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
armel calibre (for Aeris)

AFAIK this would require

http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/ar...n-qt4/filelist

and

http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/ar...n-sip/filelist

don't even ASK for support anyone.

a) I hate python
b) python hates me
c) see a or b

I have zero understanding of anything python...

[root@kindle root]# /mnt/us/extensions/calibre/usr/bin/calibre
python2.7: /usr/lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by python2.7)
Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/mnt/us/extensions/calibre/usr/bin/calibre", line 18, in <module>
from calibre.gui2.main import main
File "/mnt/us/extensions/calibre/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
from PyQt4.Qt import (QVariant, QFileInfo, QObject, SIGNAL, QBuffer, Qt,
ImportError: cannot import name QVariant
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/22534 (solved)
so it's solvable.

but yeah. there you go.

rip what you need out of that.
Attached Files
File Type: zip calibre.zip (17.44 MB, 124 views)
File Type: zip armv7l-libs-you-might-need-in-you-path.zip (1,006.9 KB, 101 views)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

reserved. for reminding people that I hate python.

and it hates me.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:56 AM   #3
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Oh oh oh thank you so much Twobob!!!!!
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:20 AM   #4
Aeris
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Where must I copy these libs?

I've tried with export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/the path where a placed these libs

while running ebook convert it says now:
libicudata.so.48: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

And many other errors mmh

Last edited by Aeris; 10-16-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:37 AM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
There's a rather large dependency tree for calibre (http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux#dependencies), the one most likely to trip you being PyQt4.

For an (old), but working example, see what Jesse Vincent did back in 2009 with Savory: http://savory.googlecode.com/

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-16-2013 at 07:42 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:51 AM   #6
Aeris

if easier, it is sufficient to port well the ebook-converter program only (not all calibre)
Old 10-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #7
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
There's a rather large dependency tree for calibre (http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux#dependencies), the one most likely to trip you being PyQt4.

For an (old), but working example, see what Jesse Vincent did back in 2009 with Savory: http://savory.googlecode.com/
I had a look at that stuff. It was a long time ago, but at that time I was still learning the art messing around filesystems. I might have another go now.
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

Let me qualify my previous statement.
That error I posted above is WITH pyQt4 installed on the kindle
Quote:
from PyQt4.Qt import (QVariant, QFileInfo, QObject, SIGNAL, QBuffer, Qt,
ImportError: cannot import name QVariant
It's a widely reported error when running an arm version of this.
many people have reported getting this running on arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
if easier, it is sufficient to port well the ebook-converter program only (not all calibre)
This contains that. just chop out the bit you want.

Happy to provide the missing libs you may need.
sadly, there my involvement ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
I had a look at that stuff. It was a long time ago, but at that time I was still learning the art messing around filesystems. I might have another go now.
Sweet.

Happy to provide the missing libs you may need.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #9
Aeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
This contains that. just chop out the bit you want.
I meant that ebook converter doesn't work on my device
requoting my message before:

Quote:
Where must I copy these libs?

I've tried with export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/the path where a placed these libs

while running ebook convert it says now:
libicudata.so.48: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

And many other errors mmh
It gives me a bunch of error when try to convert something. Maybe I did something wrong importing the libs this way, don't know...
Old 10-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
twobob

huh.

I left it on my device.

give me a "for example" bit of code/script/command for calling the converter and I'll have a look.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #11
twobob

env: can't execute 'python2': No such file or directory
oh yeah, duh...
cp /mnt/us/extensions/python/usr/bin/python2.7 /mnt/us/extensions/python/usr/bin/python2
and then...
[root@kindle root]# . /mnt/us/extensions/python/pythonenv

hmm what about now?

[root@kindle root]# /mnt/us/extensions/calibre/usr/bin/ebook-convert --help
python2.7: /usr/lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by python2.7)

Quote:
Usage: ebook-convert input_file output_file [options]

Convert an ebook from one format to another.

input_file is the input and output_file is the output. Both must be specified as the first two arguments to the command.

The output ebook format is guessed from the file extension of output_file. output_file can also be of the special format .EXT where EXT is the output file extension. In this case, the name of the output file is derived the name of the input file. Note that the filenames must not start with a hyphen. Finally, if output_file has no extension, then it is treated as a directory and an "open ebook" (OEB) consisting of HTML files is written to that directory. These files are the files that would normally have been passed to the output plug-in.

After specifying the input and output file, you can customise the conversion by specifying various options. The available options depend on the input and output file types. To get help on them, specify the input and output file and then use the -h option.

For full documentation of the conversion system see
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conversion.html

Whenever you pass arguments to ebook-convert that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks.

Options:
--version show program's version number and exit

-h, --help show this help message and exit

--list-recipes List builtin recipe names. You can create an ebook from a
builtin recipe like this: ebook-convert "Recipe Name.recipe"
output.epub

Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net>
I have no idea how to use it?

Last edited by twobob; 10-16-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #12
Aeris

Here:

echo sampletext > sample.txt
./ebook-convert sample.txt output.mobi

(Usage: ebook-convert input_file output_file [options])

Last edited by Aeris; 10-16-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #13
twobob

anways, all this aside. the actual RUNNING of the main app needs to be fixed.

There is something funky going on with the "imports" , this is the crux of the problem.

someone - with python skills - just needs to get that bit of it traced/fixed. then the rest will just fall together.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #14
twobob

and here's proof that there is nothing wrong with it:

running in a arm debian wheezy via qemu on an i686 system.

if it can do that? it sure as hell can run on the kindle.

fix the environment. the app ported fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_708.png
Views:	166
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	113478  
Old 10-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #15
Aeris

Could this help?
http://docs.python.org/2/library/modulefinder.html

EDIT: Ah, it runs... so what must I do? Do I import in a bad way your two libs files?
Ps don't know if the GUI works, i know only that ebook-convert doesn't on my device xD

I'm using python 2.7.5 installed from .bin update

Last edited by Aeris; 10-16-2013 at 12:13 PM.