Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-20-2015, 03:14 PM   #1
d.r.l
d.r.l began at the beginning.

Device: Android Table
Android bug loop

Hello guys!

I am a big fan of Calibre, used it for years back when I had the Sony PRS-505 device.

Now I am solely using my Sony Xperia tablet Z and would like to interact with it from Calibre. Indeed, it does happen that I directly download books from my tablet or need to send books to it.

However, I cannot correctly do that.

The device is correctly detected by Calibre and as soon as I launch / connect, it's being scanned for content. However, after 10 or so minutes, it fails.

I would like to be able, beforehand, to set the folder in which I would like my books to be stored and therefore scanned by Calibre. After it fails communicating with the device, I do not have access to the folders within my tablet in the settings.

Here's the error code I receive

Code:
calibre, version 2.31.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Failed to upload file named: driveinfo.calibre to (u'Internal Storage',): 2:PTP Layer error 2002: send_file_object_info(): Could not send object info.
2:Error 2002: PTP: General Error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 87, in run
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 503, in _books
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 208, in books
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 180, in get_driveinfo
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 170, in _update_drive_info
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/base.py", line 24, in synchronizer
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/driver.py", line 375, in put_file
DeviceError: Failed to upload file named: driveinfo.calibre to (u'Internal Storage',): 2:PTP Layer error 2002: send_file_object_info(): Could not send object info.
d.r.l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 05:33 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.r.l View Post
Hello guys!

I am a big fan of Calibre, used it for years back when I had the Sony PRS-505 device.

Now I am solely using my Sony Xperia tablet Z and would like to interact with it from Calibre. Indeed, it does happen that I directly download books from my tablet or need to send books to it.

However, I cannot correctly do that.

The device is correctly detected by Calibre and as soon as I launch / connect, it's being scanned for content. However, after 10 or so minutes, it fails.

I would like to be able, beforehand, to set the folder in which I would like my books to be stored and therefore scanned by Calibre. After it fails communicating with the device, I do not have access to the folders within my tablet in the settings.

Here's the error code I receive

Code:
calibre, version 2.31.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Failed to upload file named: driveinfo.calibre to (u'Internal Storage',): 2:PTP Layer error 2002: send_file_object_info(): Could not send object info.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 87, in run
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 503, in _books
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 208, in books
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 180, in get_driveinfo
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 170, in _update_drive_info
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/base.py", line 24, in synchronizer
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/driver.py", line 375, in put_file
DeviceError: Failed to upload file named: driveinfo.calibre to (u'Internal Storage',): 2:PTP Layer error 2002: send_file_object_info(): Could not send object info.
Change your tablet to MTU usb mode. You will have to find the set usb mode for the sony yourself.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2015, 09:43 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's an error sending a file to the device. You can try rebooting botht he device and your computer, that sometimes fixes this kind of error. If not,

1) You can try a different usb cable/port
2) You can try resetting your device (though this will wipe everything from it)
3) You can use one of th ewireless transfer methods described in the calibre FAQ

You cannot choose which folders on the device to scan until calibre has connected the first time to the device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 06:59 AM   #4
d.r.l

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Change your tablet to MTU usb mode. You will have to find the set usb mode for the sony yourself.

bernie
Thank you for your answer.
Do you mean MSC mode? When it is turned on, Calibre does not detect the device.
Old 06-21-2015, 07:03 AM   #5
d.r.l

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That's an error sending a file to the device. You can try rebooting botht he device and your computer, that sometimes fixes this kind of error. If not,

1) You can try a different usb cable/port
2) You can try resetting your device (though this will wipe everything from it)
3) You can use one of th ewireless transfer methods described in the calibre FAQ

You cannot choose which folders on the device to scan until calibre has connected the first time to the device.
If all else fails, I shall get on those
Advert
Old 06-21-2015, 10:21 AM   #6
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.r.l View Post
Thank you for your answer.
Do you mean MSC mode? When it is turned on, Calibre does not detect the device.
I typed mtu but meant MTP..

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 03:53 PM   #7
d.r.l

Quick update, the tablet is in MTP mode, however, as highlighted by Bernie, Calibre considers it as PTP... Would the problem come from Calibre?