Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
moosee21
moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo touch (bough 2011)
Kobo Touch (2011) Won't Set Up after Factory Reset

My kobo touch had sat unused for several months, and when I plugged it in to charge it seemed that it had reset. I have tried to set up the reader over wifi (2 separate networks, it claims an error each time) and through the computer. When I try through the Kobo desktop software, the program just keeps returning to the sign-in screen. I have used my account, created a new one, and tried signing in with facebook to no avail.

I contacted Kobo, and they sent me instructions for factory reset. They said they couldn't help any further since I was beyond warranty.

Has anyone had this problem, or know how I can fix it?
moosee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #2
cmolinap
Enthusiast
cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Touch/Mini
moosee21 Hi,

Follow the link below. Here the idea is to expand the memory of a Kobo Glo, but you can use it to open your Kobo, and find a friend that will permit making a copy of the SD card and use that copy to restore your Kobo.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209122
cmolinap is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'm not sure what the point of that would be.

I'd suggest doing a manual f.w upograde first. Double check what version of Touch it is (N905 / N905B / N905C) and then install one of the levels from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185660 .

I'd probably suggest 2.0.0.c which was the same for all Touch levels.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #4
moosee21
moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.moosee21 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo touch (bough 2011)
The old firmware worked - thanks so much!
moosee21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
set up, touch, troubleshoot