Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-03-2021, 01:20 PM   #361
rioachim
Enthusiast
rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: PW2
Interesting, I see that it is needed for UYK installation of KUAL, downgrade and bridge. I would rather have it removed for OCD reasons.

Edit#1: I managed to get the disabledwgrd.zip file from 4pda that can be run with KUAL. Well, it seems I'm stuck with either Kindle Feedback or KUAL.

Edit#2: Bridge assures that JB will survive on firmware update, therefore please use the attached file, to get rid of Kindle Feedback after KUAL installation, only on devices that will no longer get firmware updates. The other attachment restores the flag.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Disabledwgrd.zip (1.3 KB, 171 views)
File Type: zip Enabledwgrd.zip (1.3 KB, 165 views)

Last edited by rioachim; 04-04-2021 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Details
rioachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 02:17 PM   #362
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It's also necessary for the bridge to function, so, I highly recommend *not* touching it.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:17 AM   #363
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Couldn't that "book" be hidden in database via SQL query like zombie kindlet version of KUAL that got stuck after firmware upgrade and couldn't be removed from UI??
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:21 AM   #364
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No idea, I haven't touched a Kindle in years, and I run 5.9 on the most "recent" one .
Old 04-04-2021, 11:03 AM   #365
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

5.9.7 forever

(I'm using it on my PW3)
Old 04-04-2021, 11:54 AM   #366
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
I'm on 5.8.7 so cannot test. If anybody is interested, just to remind how to hide:
Code:
cd /var/local
sqlite3 cc.db 'update entries set p_isvisibleinhome=0 where p_location="/mnt/us/documents/Kindle Feedback.azw2"'
I'm not sure with the name of the book(
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 01:39 PM   #367
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I'm not actually sure there's even a book or any sort of entry in the content database for it ;o).
Old 04-04-2021, 04:17 PM   #368
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
@shamanNS
You can pull /var/local/cc.db file to your PC and open it with a SQLiteBrowser. Then find it and use the command hius07 provided to try to hide it
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:12 PM   #369
shamanNS
Guru

@mergen3107: I have no need to hide anything, since my Kindle is like I've mentioned on firmware 5.9.7 (where there is no "Kindle Feedback" item among other books).
I was just thinking out loud... and just asking if that approach would even be possible (ie is it a book / an entry inside cc.db or is that book-like item added in some other way).

The whole having unwanted "book" thing in the list moment has instantly reminded me of that zombie KUAL (= dead "kindlet" as opposed to "booklet" version of KUAL used nowadays) problem from years passed (and how it was solved).
Old 04-04-2021, 09:54 PM   #370
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
@mergen3107:
I was just thinking out loud... and just asking if that approach would even be possible (ie is it a book / an entry inside cc.db or is that book-like item added in some other way).
Below and attached is a tab separated entry in cc.db for the feedback item for a KOA3 with the UUID obfuscated.

Code:
p_uuid  p_type  p_location      p_lastAccess    p_modificationTime      p_isArchived    p_titles_0_nominal      p_titles_0_collation    p_titles_0_pronunciation        j_titles        p_titleCount    p_credits_0_name_collation      j_credits       p_creditCount   j_collections   p_collectionCount       j_members       p_memberCount   p_lastAccessedPosition  p_publicationDate       p_expirationDate        p_publisher     p_isDRMProtected        p_isVisibleInHome       p_isLatestItem  p_isDownloading p_isUpdateAvailable     p_virtualCollectionCount        p_languages_0   j_languages     p_languageCount p_mimeType      p_cover p_thumbnail     p_diskUsage     p_cdeGroup      p_cdeKey        p_cdeType       p_version       p_guid  j_displayObjects        j_displayTags   j_excludedTransports    p_isMultimediaEnabled   p_watermark     p_contentSize   p_percentFinished       p_isTestData    p_contentIndexedState   p_metadataIndexedState  p_noteIndexedState      p_credits_0_name_pronunciation  p_metadataStemWords     p_metadataStemLanguage  p_ownershipType p_shareType     p_contentState  p_metadataUnicodeWords  p_homeMemberCount       j_collectionsSyncAttributes     p_collectionSyncCounter p_collectionDataSetName p_originType    p_pvcId p_companionCdeKey       p_seriesState   p_totalContentSize      p_visibilityState       p_isProcessed   p_readState
XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX    Entry:Item:Feedback             1616633024              0       Kindle Feedback Kindle Feedback Kindle Feedback [{"direction":"LTR","collation":"Kindle Feedback","pronunciation":"Kindle Feedback","display":"Kindle Feedback","language":"en-US"}]    1       Amazon  [{"name":{"direction":"LTR","collation":"Amazon","pronunciation":"Amazon","display":"Amazon","language":"en-US"},"kind":"Author"}]      1       []      0       []      0                                               1       1               0       0               []      0                                               Entry:Item:Feedback     Entry:Item:Feedback                     [{"ref":"titles"},{"ref":"credits"}]                                            -1      0       2147483647              0       Amazon                  0               0       kindle feedbackkindle feedbackamazonamazon  0               0       0       0                       1               1
Attached Files
File Type: gz feedback.tsv.gz (760 Bytes, 137 views)
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 11:15 PM   #371
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Ah, OK!
I also have PW3 on 5.9.7 since day 1 as I bought it two years ago hello, team 5.9.7
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:38 AM   #372
shamanNS
Guru

Mine was on fw 5.6.5 initially. Then 5.8.11 and finally 5.9.7.
If it was possible to get this grouping of books into series for (USB) "sideloaded" books (and without faking the ASIN IDs to real retail ebooks from the Kindle Store) I would then maybe be slightly tempted to upgrade to 5.13.x evil

Last edited by shamanNS; 04-05-2021 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-08-2021, 01:26 AM   #373
atonement
Zealot
atonement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Do newer firmwares include security patches and Linux kernel updates etc?
atonement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:02 AM   #374
NiLuJe
BLAM!

To a certain extent, yes.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:32 AM   #375
Hodgy
Hodgy began at the beginning.

Device: KT2 7th gen
Apparently successful JB but MRPI not working

Hello. Thanks for all your work for kindles. I've just jailbroken KT4, I think successfully. Unfortunately, because I had disabled the experimental browser through parental controls, I ended up turning on wifi, which sneakily downloaded a FW update to 5.12.1.1. Nevertheless, the JB was successful.

I then installed MRPI by unpacking the archive and putting the 2 folders at top level in kindle USB in (so I have extensions and mrpackages). So I then proceeded to install KUAL. This seemed successful because I now have that option as a 'book' on my home screen.

BUT, when I transfer .bin files into mrpackages, open KUAL - helper - install MR packages, the screen blinks and returns home immediately. There's no delay of 20-odd seconds while the packages are installed, and on a reboot, no new packages.

Could it be a missing dependency? Do most/all packages need python extension installed? Maybe I did something wrong on the install.

Thanks for any guidance.

Hodgy
Hodgy is offline   Reply With Quote