Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 01:29 PM   #1
ashesofasker
ashesofasker began at the beginning.

Device: none
Lightbulb content server on domain (internet)

Hi guys.

Hope some of you can give me some pointers on whether it is possible and if it is - how to do it.

I want to use Calibre a little alternative as a poster viewing system for a small conference. People submit abstracts and some end up during posters on these.

The format is typically PDF and I need a system where I can arrange these and where people can access them from their personal devices on http://conferencedomain.org/calibre

It's no problem to run this internally but the domain thing I can't figure out.

Any experience on this? Help is much appreciated.
ashesofasker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:42 PM   #2
sjfan
Addict
sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesofasker View Post
Hi guys.

Hope some of you can give me some pointers on whether it is possible and if it is - how to do it.

I want to use Calibre a little alternative as a poster viewing system for a small conference. People submit abstracts and some end up during posters on these.

The format is typically PDF and I need a system where I can arrange these and where people can access them from their personal devices on http://conferencedomain.org/calibre

It's no problem to run this internally but the domain thing I can't figure out.

Any experience on this? Help is much appreciated.
You'd need to run the calibre server somewhere that the primary web server (for conferencedomain.org) can reach it, and then set up the primary web server to do a reverse proxy on requests under the /calibre/ path.

There are significant security implications here: Did you get the configuration correct without exposing other internal information? Is Calibre's content server safe to expose in this manner? Do you need to lock it down to conference registrants only, or should it be open to the world?

You should definitely get someone who knows what they're doing to set it up.

With Apache, you're probably looking at mod_proxy and/or mod_rewrite for this. nginx also has reverse proxy support, as do IIS and most other major web servers.
sjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2018, 09:19 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/ser...-other-servers
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
domaine public, public domain, server