Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-19-2015, 03:01 PM   #1
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Unhandled Exception Error

When I click on a book that is not in Calibre I get the following error.

I will be around today to answer any questions but busy trying to finish some work because I leave Friday for a short trip. Please have patience with me if I do not answer after Thursday night I will answer when I get back.

Thanks

Spoiler:
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Calibre2\\resources\\content_server\\jquery .js'

calibre 2.6 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Count Pages && food network Recipe Reader && Generate Cover && Barnes & Noble && BigOven Recipe Reader && Goodreads && Recipe Reader && Find Duplicates && Fantastic Fiction Adults && Fantastic Fiction && FictionDB && Quality Check && all recipes Recipe Reader && Kindle Collections && Reading List && KindleUnpack - The Plugin && EpubSplit && BBC GoodFood Recipe Reader
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\documentview.py", line 881, in load_finished
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\documentview.py", line 196, in load_javascript_libraries
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\javascript.py", line 79, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\javascript.py", line 67, in get
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\resources.py", line 71, in get_path
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Calibre2\\resources\\content_server\\jquery .js'
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:25 PM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I would check at C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Calibre2\\resources\\content_server, looking for "jquery.js", but I don't like that "jquery .ps" (perhaps only an additional space in trace).
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2015, 03:33 PM   #3
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Terisa

I have jquery_ui, jquery.corner, jquery.multiselect & jquery.multiselect.min
Old 03-19-2015, 03:42 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
  • Windows is hiding file extensions, which is a stupid default, I always change it -- but you might not care.
  • You are definitely missing a file called jquery (file extension .js, windows will hide that and simply tell you it is a JS file). Reinstalling calibre should fix that, however it got deleted. calibre should be updated tonight anyway, so it is a good time for it.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #5
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

eschwartz I just upgraded last night because I missed the last upgrade and it did not change anything.
Advert
Old 03-19-2015, 04:34 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
When I click on a book that is not in Calibre I get the following error.

I will be around today to answer any questions but busy trying to finish some work because I leave Friday for a short trip. Please have patience with me if I do not answer after Thursday night I will answer when I get back.

Thanks

Spoiler:
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Calibre2\\resources\\content_server\\jquery .js'

calibre 2.6 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Count Pages && food network Recipe Reader && Generate Cover && Barnes & Noble && BigOven Recipe Reader && Goodreads && Recipe Reader && Find Duplicates && Fantastic Fiction Adults && Fantastic Fiction && FictionDB && Quality Check && all recipes Recipe Reader && Kindle Collections && Reading List && KindleUnpack - The Plugin && EpubSplit && BBC GoodFood Recipe Reader
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\documentview.py", line 881, in load_finished
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\documentview.py", line 196, in load_javascript_libraries
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\javascript.py", line 79, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\javascript.py", line 67, in get
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\resources.py", line 71, in get_path
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Calibre2\\resources\\content_server\\jquery .js'
@KyBunnies - Where did you get the download should be from here Download calibre

I'd try a fresh download/install - perhaps there will be a new release by the time you get back from trip.

But how can you click on a book in calibre that is not in calibre - or do you mean a book for which there are no format files? If I click on such a book (cover) in server I get "Book has no format files" message in browser.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:48 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
eschwartz I just upgraded last night because I missed the last upgrade and it did not change anything.
Your update was not good (or your AV did you in)
The file Jquery(.js) is missing
Uninstall and try again

BTW Why the 32Bit version?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:54 PM   #8
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

I have the 64 bit version that I use but the 32 bit is installed also. It has been that way since the 64 bit was released.

What is AV? Yeah blame it on my gray hair

If I uninstall will I delete all my books and metadata I have for the books? Yeah I do not know about this so I had rather ask than do something to mess up and no longer have my books. Yes books are backed up but I really do not want to download then all again.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:20 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have the 64 bit version that I use but the 32 bit is installed also. It has been that way since the 64 bit was released.

What is AV? Yeah blame it on my gray hair

If I uninstall will I delete all my books and metadata I have for the books? Yeah I do not know about this so I had rather ask than do something to mess up and no longer have my books. Yes books are backed up but I really do not want to download then all again.
No you won't lose library or config if you reinstall (uninstall/install) but precaution is better than lengthy repairs so I recommend doing a backup of both first ==>> How do I backup calibre?

AV - Anti Virus - probably a red herring in this instance - if not then your AV is behaving like a virus - deleting files it didn't oughta!

BR
Old 03-19-2015, 05:23 PM   #10
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

My AV is MS Security Essentials
Old 03-19-2015, 05:51 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
My AV is MS Security Essentials
Same as mine

Do a backup, do a fresh download of 64 bit - I suggest you use the 2nd alternative link - your ISP may have cached a dodgy copy Ψ²

Uninstall and then do an install.

BR

I'm starting to think someone is acting with malicious intent - loading up hacked versions onto ISP caches
Old 03-19-2015, 05:58 PM   #12
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

I only download the the calibre site and when the program tells me there is an upgrade. I did not know it was listed anywhere else.

I do not see anywhere to back up my libraries

don't know if it makes a difference but I have a static IP address, DNS and cache is flushed/cleared daily
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre.png
Views:	269
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	136182  

Last edited by KyBunnies; 03-19-2015 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:00 PM   #13
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
BR -- You don't think it's the ISPs?

KyBunnies -- The GitHub.com alternate download location goes over HTTPS so your ISP cannot cache it, it (if "it" actually exists) is being done on their end so there isn't much you can do.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:01 PM   #14
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Well SH!t sorry admin. I know I screwed up again with the image.

No eschwartz it is Brownie Boy Bunnies he is playing with the internet because he wanted to look at carrot porn after I limited his daily carrot treat

edit: fixed my image problem. Sorry I am trying to get so much fixed and then that error happened. UGH!

If I was not going away with my mom I would cancel the trip

Last edited by KyBunnies; 03-19-2015 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:15 PM   #15
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Well SH!t sorry admin. I know I screwed up again with the image.

No eschwartz it is Brownie Boy Bunnies he is playing with the internet because he wanted to look at carrot porn after I limited his daily carrot treat

edit: fixed my image problem. Sorry I am trying to get so much fixed and then that error happened. UGH!

If I was not going away with my mom I would cancel the trip
@KyBunnies - <tongue in cheek> are you telling me you don't backup you libraries !! </tic>

Don't worry about the networky stuff there's nothing you can do about it - lets get your problem solved

The chances of anything happening to your library or configuration data if you uninstall/install the calibre software are theoretically zero.

My suggestion that you do a backup was as much to protect my own ass should something unforeseen happen, as it was to protect your library

So if you willing to take the miniscule risk of Sod's Law kicking in ... then download a fresh copy of 64 bit from the 2nd alternate link, uninstall calibre 64 bit, and install the one you just downloaded - DONT throw the download away, put it somewhere safe at least until you're confident you're up and running again.

BR