Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-17-2014, 11:00 AM   #1
Tosch
Enthusiast
Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: pocketbook, sony, bookeen
New major Upgrade for Cybook Odyssey available

Hi Readers,
Bookeen anounce, that the new Firmware for all older Cybooks is available for download (via Wifi).
http://blog.bookeen.com/cybook-odyss...now-available/

"This update is compatible with all models of the Cybook Odyssey range (Odyssey (2011,2012) Odyssey 2013 edition, HD FrontLight (2012), Frontlight (2013)."

I just tried to update my Frontlight HD (bought in Germany) via Wifi, but it did not work - After Updating an error message comes (Error # -11).

Hope, you have better luck!

UPDATE
Currently the firmware is not available for Thalia users.
The reason is the firmware installed on non Thalia users is different (cloud option).
Our teams are currently working on the update for Thalia users and it will be released by first quarter of 2015.

UPDATE 4. 22. 2015
the new Firmware is now available for Users with a THALIA-Branded Bookeen-Reader too!
(via WiFi).

IMPORTANT: Please keep in Mind, that your Battery is full charged, and there is enought free Memory on the Bookeen ;-)

Last edited by Tosch; 04-22-2015 at 06:43 AM.
Tosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosch View Post
new Firmware for all older Cybooks
I don't think that includes my Orizon.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #3
vblars
Enthusiast
vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight
I've upgraded my Odyssey and it went ok.
vblars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #4
Gospod
Gospod began at the beginning.

Device: Odyssey
Very good upgrade. My Odyssey was... almost done. I couldn't use it because it froze every 3 seconds if I stopped touching any buttons or the screen, I had to connect the wifi all the time so I could read without tiring my fingers...
Now it's solved, great upgrade. I don't like that the folder view is not automatic, though... But well, at least, it works perfectly now...
Gospod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:50 PM   #5
smoker
smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android
hi guys, does anyone have or can find the offline .bin file? I used to have a normal odyssey but then I followed this link and my odyssey became "Thalia".
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=42

of course I cannot downgrade, so I am stuck with that firmware which is buggy. If someone can find the offline file, it would be great! Thank you!
smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2015, 03:03 PM   #6
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Bookeen's firmware is there :
http://www.bookeen.com/fr/supportdownload.

You need to create an account though.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:12 PM   #7
smoker
smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android
That was the first thing I checked. unfortunately they offer only the 5.2 firmware (build 1780) which is lower than the crappy one I used so I cannot downgrade...

I just thought that maybe someone could manage to download it or knows where to download it and give me a hint.

Thanks for your answer
smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:36 PM   #8
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoker View Post
That was the first thing I checked. unfortunately they offer only the 5.2 firmware (build 1780) which is lower than the crappy one I used so I cannot downgrade...

I just thought that maybe someone could manage to download it or knows where to download it and give me a hint.

Thanks for your answer
Oh, I didn't paid attention to the version number. Thought it was up to date.

Try bookeen's support then.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:07 PM   #9
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
I just tried to update my Frontlight HD (bought in Germany) via Wifi, but it did not work - After Updating an error message comes (Error # -11).
-11 ? are you sure o_O

If you start your Odyssey in "Service Mode" (do a complete powerdown (i.e. not sleep mode), keep left and right button pressed, and start it, keep left+right pressed until the splash screen appear with "Service Mode")

And then in the service menu, in the "Device Info" entry, what does it display? (especially the Software Version)

(you can navitage in the service menu, by using the touchscreen or the left/right to select the entry, and home to validate)

Last edited by Godzil; 01-18-2015 at 01:13 PM.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:13 AM   #10
Tosch
Enthusiast
Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tosch , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
-11 ? are you sure o_O
Yes

I reported the error to Bookeen, and got the message that I'm Thalia user, and the update was not available to me. Shortly thereafter, the blog has been updated with a corresponding message. See also my request in Bookeen blog.

Here my Device informations:
Hardware revision: 3
Software Version: 5. 2. 1780

Unfortunately, still no Upate for Thalia user. Does anyone have an email address from Thalia support?

[Edit: I just wrote a request for the update at info@thalia.de]

Regards
Tosch (a.K. Tom Badil)

Last edited by Tosch; 01-22-2015 at 05:30 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:33 AM   #11
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Oh ok, make sens, the version you tryed to install is the same (-11 mean "The version you try to install is the same or lower")
Old 01-22-2015, 10:12 AM   #12
Tosch
Enthusiast

Thanks Godzil.
Here is the answer of Thalia (translation). "We are currently reviewing still deploy the update for our customers. This process is currently not yet been completed. Deployment"
"deploy the update" for me means that it is uncertain whether there is an update.
Let's hope for the best.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:12 AM   #13
Godzil

Hum strange answer to be honest
Old 01-22-2015, 04:21 PM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Thanks Godzil.
Here is the answer of Thalia (translation). "We are currently reviewing still deploy the update for our customers. This process is currently not yet been completed. Deployment"
"deploy the update" for me means that it is uncertain whether there is an update.
Let's hope for the best.
I would assume that they are saying that they have a copy and are testing it to make sure it works ok. I suspect that if there is a problem it will get resolved and there will be a release although the date may be in question.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:20 AM   #15
Tosch
Enthusiast

Hi Readers,

the new Firmware is now available for Users with a THALIA-Branded Bookeen-Reader too!
(via WiFi).

PS: Please keep in Mind, that your Battery is full charged, and there is enought free Memory on the Bookeen ;-)

Last edited by Tosch; 04-22-2015 at 06:43 AM.