Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
Themus
Zealot
Themus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook
Calibre's Server and Aldiko's My Catalog

Calibre works great as a wireless server to Aldiko. My problem is I setup up Calibre as a catalog in Aldiko and spelling it wrong!

I see no place in Aldiko where I can fix the spelling of my "Calibrr" catalog. No where to edit it, delete it. Only add catalogs.

I owe it to Calibre to get the name right!

Is there a solution? I emailed Aldiko, but no response.

Seems poor not to have a way within Aldiko to delete catalogs you may no longer use or spell proplerly.
Themus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themus View Post
Calibre works great as a wireless server to Aldiko. My problem is I setup up Calibre as a catalog in Aldiko and spelling it wrong!

I see no place in Aldiko where I can fix the spelling of my "Calibrr" catalog. No where to edit it, delete it. Only add catalogs.

I owe it to Calibre to get the name right!

Is there a solution? I emailed Aldiko, but no response.

Seems poor not to have a way within Aldiko to delete catalogs you may no longer use or spell proplerly.
Use your computers file system (with the device connected) Luke
Once made, t he Catalog is just another book, Rename it in the Calibre Library and send again. (And the next time you create it, fix the spelling and click Apply to save that) before continuing.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I think by catalog he means the entry in the aldiko list of sources that points to the calibre server. I dont use aldiko so I dont know the answer, but generally speaking, try holding your finger on the entry to get options like delete.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #4
Themus
Zealot
Themus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-books

Your right, it is the Aldiko catalog I am trying to rename. Unfortunatly, holding the catalog name only brings up the connection, no option to delete or rename it.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #5
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
On my devices , if you tap the little triangle to the extreme right of your catalogue name, a pop up appears giving you the choice to "edit" or "delete". I sometimes have to try a few times to get the pop up to appear, it has a tendency to open the catalogue instead if you don't tap in the right spot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120624-225705.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	88277  

Last edited by Cdesja5; 06-24-2012 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Added screenshot
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
Themus
Zealot

Cdesja5 --- Thank You. You are right! Thank you for the screen capture. I had to keep trying about 5 times, but finally hit just right. Now Calibre is spelled correctly! I love Calibre.