Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-20-2006, 01:06 PM   #1
splat
Zealot
splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Cases

What is everyones choice of case for the iLiad? Are there many 3rd party ones at the moment?
splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:18 PM   #2
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
look over at the accessories category. You can see the available cases/covers there.

I think I'll move your thread there too...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2006, 08:23 PM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
If any Iliad user is interested there is a wooden box available.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:57 PM   #4
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Where?
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:26 AM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
The one in my avatar can be made for any type of device. This one is basically for eink because of the lighting issue. I've made it for the Sony first but any device can be accomodated. All I need is a contour tracing on a sheet of paper and a thickness measurement. There is a review here The price will be identical. Dimensions will vary proportionnally with the stored device.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2006, 09:30 AM   #6
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
It is a thing of beauty but I'm a leather man myself.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:42 AM   #7
splat
Zealot
splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Is there anything out there similar to the Librie's cover, ie just protecting the screen and not the back, reducing the bulk
splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:37 AM   #8
lloydt
lloydt will become famous soon enoughlloydt will become famous soon enoughlloydt will become famous soon enoughlloydt will become famous soon enoughlloydt will become famous soon enoughlloydt will become famous soon enough

Device: iRex iLiad / Sony Reader / Tungsten T|X
After a fairly thorough review of the cases in my local large electronics store (where I looked at about 40 likely fits and tried out the iLiad in a dozen or so), I ended up buying two different cases. The first was a simple sleeve that allows one to carry the reader around without being deathly afraid of dropping it:

http://www.caselogic.com/7_150_9_air...?modelid=70120

No bells or whistles, but extremely light, and the fit is quite good. It definitely serves the purpose of protecting the iLiad while I carry it around.

But the one I’ve actually been using nearly every day since I got the iLiad in August is a camcorder case, also from Case Logic:

http://www.caselogic.com/sport_messe...?modelid=57092

I highly recommend this second one, which comes with a shoulder strap and is spacious without being overly large. It has a partitioned smaller space in the main bag where I carry my iPod and cell phone. The outer flap has a zippered pouch where I keep two USB thumb drives I use to shuttle files between my office and home. Below the flap, the padded main bag has a second zippered pocket where I keep a 1 Gb SD card and a 2 Gb CF card—which I use as two different ways for expanding my iLiad’s storage capacity. What’s really good about the system is that there’s always room to add another device or card in a pinch, and the cards I carry themselves offer plenty of additional space to store files I want to have available—for whatever work or personal projects come up. This storage scheme lets me take full advantage of the iLiad’s ability to read a wide range of storage formats.

With the iLiad having done away with my need to carry paper back-and-forth and this bag having given me the ability to carry the other things I was using one for, this arrangement has allowed me, literally, to get rid of the briefcase I was carrying back and forth every day--and at about a tenth the weight.

I got both of these from Fry’s Electronics, but I’d imagine you could also find them at your own big electronics/computer store of choice. If all else fails, you can order direct from Case Logic, through the links above.
lloydt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:46 PM   #9
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydt
After a fairly thorough review of the cases in my local large electronics store (where I looked at about 40 likely fits and tried out the iLiad in a dozen or so), I ended up buying two different cases. The first was a simple sleeve that allows one to carry the reader around without being deathly afraid of dropping it:

http://www.caselogic.com/7_150_9_air...?modelid=70120

No bells or whistles, but extremely light, and the fit is quite good. It definitely serves the purpose of protecting the iLiad while I carry it around.

But the one I’ve actually been using nearly every day since I got the iLiad in August is a camcorder case, also from Case Logic:

http://www.caselogic.com/sport_messe...?modelid=57092

I highly recommend this second one, which comes with a shoulder strap and is spacious without being overly large. It has a partitioned smaller space in the main bag where I carry my iPod and cell phone. The outer flap has a zippered pouch where I keep two USB thumb drives I use to shuttle files between my office and home. Below the flap, the padded main bag has a second zippered pocket where I keep a 1 Gb SD card and a 2 Gb CF card—which I use as two different ways for expanding my iLiad’s storage capacity. What’s really good about the system is that there’s always room to add another device or card in a pinch, and the cards I carry themselves offer plenty of additional space to store files I want to have available—for whatever work or personal projects come up. This storage scheme lets me take full advantage of the iLiad’s ability to read a wide range of storage formats.

With the iLiad having done away with my need to carry paper back-and-forth and this bag having given me the ability to carry the other things I was using one for, this arrangement has allowed me, literally, to get rid of the briefcase I was carrying back and forth every day--and at about a tenth the weight.

I got both of these from Fry’s Electronics, but I’d imagine you could also find them at your own big electronics/computer store of choice. If all else fails, you can order direct from Case Logic, through the links above.

All is great lloyd, but could you give us some prices.
After spending so much money on the iLiad it is no doubt that we need to protect our investment, but a reasonable price is what most of us is looking for, [Did u hear that iRex; Reasonable prices for covers]
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:02 AM   #10
lloydt
lloydt will become famous soon enoughlloydt will become famous soon enoughlloydt will become famous soon enoughlloydt will become famous soon enoughlloydt will become famous soon enoughlloydt will become famous soon enough

Device: iRex iLiad / Sony Reader / Tungsten T|X
You can find the prices if you poke around in the links I provided, but both are very inexpensive.

The first, the simple padded, zippered portfolio is $9.95. The second, the camcorder bag, is $19.95. The price is the same either from CaseLogic direct, or from my electronics store.
lloydt is offline   Reply With Quote