Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-01-2009, 07:44 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Open HTML from Kindle file system w/browser

Like (all?) other browsers, the Kindle browser allows opening an HTML file from the local file system using 'file://..' syntax. I have confirmed this by opening a file I found in the file listing on Igor S.'s 'Reversing Everything' blog. Thus if you type this in the address field:
file:///opt/amazon/ebook/prefs/NowNowTemplate.html
It loads up.
However, I have not been able to discover the system path to the root of the user documents folder (with Audible/documents/music/system folders etc.), which you see with Explorer/Finder when the Kindle is tethered via USB.
Does anybody know the correct file path to use to get there? I think it would be useful to be able to access HTML files stored on Kindle as an alternative to converting them to AZW. For one thing, they can have JavaScript in them...
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Found my answer on another thread here. The root is /mnt/us/, so if you create a folder named 'html' with a file named 'test.html', you can load it by typing this: 'file:///mnt/us/html/test.html'.
Apparently this doesn't work on K1 but I can't confirm this; I would think it would work (possibly using a different root).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
If you just rename the file to xxx.txt instead of xxx.html, and put it in the documents directory, it will show up like any book, and be opened just fine. See the thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24127.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, html