Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
RotAnal
Connoisseur
RotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
a couple silly questions from a M92 novice

Dear user,
for a couple days I got an M92 device and spend most of my recent time trying to assess whether the purchased "wish object" is OK (sorry, but I agree that the "user manual" is inadequate and a little bit obsolete, too). Factory firmware is 1.8.1.20121113. Therefore I ask you for a couple of rather silly questions which I was not able to find either in the manual or in the forum threads.
1. Can you confirm me what I suspect, i.e. that when the Boox is connected to PC in order to allow it to acces Boox's folders, the device is completely inhibited? In other words, one cannot read even the opened document. In fact I can only see the pictures of two machines exchanging bits of data.
2. How can one assess whether battery is fully charged? The charging percentages seem to have disappeared in the last Firmware and the orange-red charge LED near the joystick is eternally on despite of overnight charging.
Thanks for your attention
RotAnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
I have an i62hd not a M92.
I confirm point 1. When connected to pc to transfer files you can't use the boox
I supose the same is true for the m92.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #3
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
@RotAnal
1. Yes, it works like you describe. But if you use the USB charger (instead of connecting to PC), you may normaly work with M92.

2. I am not sure what happens when fully charged. The light either changes colour (from orange to green or yellow) or goes off.

For a new device battery needs several charge/discharge cycles until charging goes off in several hours and battery capacity reaches the maximum.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
divinorum
divinorum began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
2. The light goes off when the battery if fully charged. First charge took about 6 hours in my case.

It might be worth noting that charging from a USB port on a computer takes a significantly longer time compared to the wall adapter. This is because max current from the wall adapter is 1.0 A but only 0.5 A from a computer.
divinorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
RotAnal
Connoisseur
RotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Thanks to all for your attention and precious pieces of advice!
I keep on tuning to this Section in order to learn about useful tricks and suggestions not found elsewhere.
RotAnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert