Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Best iOS app for texting

What's the best app for texting on iOS devices?
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Right now I use Textie, mostly because most of my contacts are on it-but I have several in a messages folder-if anyone contacts me, the folder itself has a little message badge.

But once iMessage comes out, I'm pretty sure that one will take over.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
dmetzcher
dmetzcher began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 3, iPad, iPhone
I really like GroupMe. It's free and it allows you to create an unlimited number of groups where everyone in the group can text everyone else (you can also text individuals, if you just need to send a quick message to someone). Others are not required to have the app (they will get a text message to their mobile number instead and can reply and follow the conversation using their phone's SMS app), but it exists for the major mobile platforms (and you can use the Web site to send/view messages). It also has a great feature that gives every group created a phone number for conference calls. Calling the number will call everyone and join them into the same voice call, allowing you to quickly talk to a group of people without dialing them all individually.
dmetzcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:04 AM   #4
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
IMO that would be good ole yahoo messenger. Having broad cross platform support. (The iOS version is also capable of sending free text messages.)

Last edited by Dylrob; 09-21-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
im not much of a texter but i use text plus and it works fine for my meagre needs
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2011, 05:40 AM   #6
marino.DV
Groupie
marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Although i don't have an Apple device i remember a friend of mine uses Textie. used it on his device and it was pretty nice
marino.DV is offline   Reply With Quote