Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #1
michael.c
michael.c has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle mini club / mini swap meet - preferably Aussie Kindlers

Just putting it out there.... Would anybody be interested in an arrangement whereby 6 of us (Amazon's limit) register our kindles on one account and go sixths in ebooks? I assume it would have to consist of Aussie kindles due to geographical restrictions.

There would be some kind of voting / preference mechanism to decide which books the group buys.

Obviously someone would have to register a debit card account which could be used for registration and for transferring the purchase money to.

We could also have several groups that register and deregister kindles depending on who has the book you want to read. Thus, a series of kindle mini-libraries could be created (all with empty debit accounts attached to each).

I would imagine both ideas would create problems with privacy and trust etc.

I recently bought John Howards "Lazarus Rising" (I am not actually a Liberal supporter), $20 divided by 6 (about $3.30) is very reasonable.

These set ups could spawn book discussion clubs for those who live within close proximity of each other as well.

Is anyone interested?
michael.c is offline   Reply With Quote